Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler Leak - Ferroli - Advise Needed Please

Options
  • 26-06-2012 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi All,

Looking for some info on cost or a problem with a "water leak" with a Ferroli New Elite 60F24.

The gas boiler heats the water and radiators in the appartment.
    The problem was noticed when the hot water was no longer heating up.
    There was a small leak noticed leaking down near the valve on at the bottom of the system (possibly coming from inside).

Boiler maintenance guy came out and turned the system off and said that the leak had got into the system and it "could be expensive". According to this guy this type of system is not popular and locating the part could be hard.

He could not give her a ball park figure for the cost of repairing the boiler.

I realise this info. may be limited but I have not seen the system myself and working off limited details myself until I speak to this guy myself and get more details.

In the meantime if anyone can help, point me in the right direction of the problem or confirm this could be "expensive" i would very much appreciate it.

I'm just a bit wary of not being able to get a price for this in over 24hrs and don't want to see someone being ripped off.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

You are going to have to be a bit more clear with your explanation of the problem. If it's a part for the boiler Ferolli parts can be got quite easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MarcF

I understand the information I have at the moment is quite limited as I have not seen the problem or been dealing with the company who visited the appartment myself but I will be probably speaking to them directly tomorrow early afternoon.

Unfortunately the girl with the problem is a bit quiet (almost afraid to ask questions) and doesn't really know what he was talking about.

Will give a full update tomorrow.

Appreciate your feedback non the less.

Thanks

Ok I've spoken to the guy and i've got the following:

The Water Pressue Switch is leaking.
    It has leaked into the PCB.

He needs to change the Water Pressure Switch before he knows if the board has gone and if a new board is needed.

He's advised the following costs:

Part (presume the pressue switch EUR95)
    Labour EUR72

If a new board is needed it will cost EUR400.

Appreciate if anyone can advise if this sounds about right?

Looking for piece of mind really...

Thanks.
    Marc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Regards replacing switch first he is right. Then you will know if the pcb got it or not.

Regards labour wouldn't argue with that. Don't know how much the parts are but Ferrolli parts are expensive.

Thanks Johnnie appreciate you help.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

why not just bypass the water switch to check the pcb? (very few can't be)
    can't seem to locate an english manual for this boiler readily, so assume it's not
    often imported here. Part would be supplied by Heatovent on the N7, would guess
    your either in Sandyford or Portlaoise area (most of them are there!)

WPS: just under €50
    PCB: Just under €300
    both prices including vat
    (all parts in stock!)

Thanks DGOBS that's great stuff, will ask the question about bypassing the water switch & give Heatovent a call.

Your pretty much bang on with the general area.

Remember, the boiler cannot be left working (even temporarily) with a safety feature disabled, only can be done for fault finding purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 broke

Did you ever find a manual on the FERROLI NEW ELITE 60f24

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

broke wrote: »
    Did you ever find a manual on the FERROLI NEW ELITE 60f24

It's probably one of the worst boilers ever made. I searched high and low for and English manual, and eventually got my hands on one. I'd say I'm one of a very few gas installers to have an English version :)

• Advertisement

Dec, email me copy would you!! pleaaaseeeeee

DGOBS wrote: »
    Dec, email me copy would you!! pleaaaseeeeee

Jesus they must be hard to find if u can't get it tony!! Fun boiler to work on aren't they! Pm me your email address

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Mutha

Dec, clear your pm, I`m on the scrounge also :)

Mutha wrote: »
    Dec, clear your pm, I`m on the scrounge also :)

Try now

Advertisement