Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FaceTime on iPad HELP

• 27-06-2012 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hello I have an iPad which has FaceTime on it, I can't seem to get it to activate, when I open FaceTime it ask's for my apple I'd and password, which I enter, then it ask's to select email address, my email is the the one that comes up, then I click next and it shows verifying but then it just returns to the screen that ask's for my apple id and password again, I've tried to go into FaceTime in settings but same thing just happens, Internet connect etc all working fine any help or advice would be great thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Have you tried changing your apple password?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Dreamer21

No I haven't tried changing my apple password, I'll try it now

Tried changing my password, but the same thing happened :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

Try adding a new email address in Facetime settings & choose that to verify. (Maybe set up a new dreamer21ipad@whatever)

As far as I know you cant use the same email address to verify more than one Apple feature, so if you're trying to use the one that won't verify now the possibility is that you've used it to verify something else in the past. You can either delete that one from your Apple ID (& replace it with another to verify that) or the simplest thing is probably to do as I suggested above & add a new email address to your Facetime settings.

Do you mean add another email address in my apple account??? When I go into FaceTime settings the same page opens asking me to sign in with my apple id to activate FaceTime

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Did you try some of the suggestions here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3367

Yeah I've tried above troubleshooting suggestions :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

Dreamer21 wrote: »
    Yeah I've tried above troubleshooting suggestions :(
    This might sound like a silly question but have you checked the email address for the verification mail? Would it have arrived in your spam folder?

Yeah I've checked no emails regarding FaceTime activation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

i had this problem,but once i changed the DNS settings from my wifi connection to the google free DNS (8.8.8.8) it worked fine!

hope this helps!

• Advertisement

Ok I'll try that thanks

Advertisement