Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with marksandspencers.ie

Options
  • 27-06-2012 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

I ordered some clothing over the internet from m&s.ie (for the first time ever - am a luddite :D) about 6 weeks ago.

Am not even on here to say how disappointed i was with the quality - that's another post in itself.

BUT i returned a trousers, got an acknowledgement email to say i'd have a refund in 30 days (that was last week) - and that's it - the refund never arrived.

I have 2 problems-

1. when i try to log into my m&s account it says it doesn't recognise my email address so

2. i looked on help section for email addy or phone number and BOTH don't work and i can't get to a store as that's why i used online shopping.

I'm VERY annoyed and disappointed at M&S. Can anyone help me with a contact or email addy or alternative phone number ?

I'd be very, very grateful,

Regards,
    Rose

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

rosehip wrote: »
    I ordered some clothing over the internet from m&s.ie (for the first time ever - am a luddite :D) about 6 weeks ago.

Am not even on here to say how disappointed i was with the quality - that's another post in itself.

BUT i returned a trousers, got an acknowledgement email to say i'd have a refund in 30 days (that was last week) - and that's it - the refund never arrived.

I have 2 problems-

1. when i try to log into my m&s account it says it doesn't recognise my email address so

2. i looked on help section for email addy or phone number and BOTH don't work and i can't get to a store as that's why i used online shopping.

I'm VERY annoyed and disappointed at M&S. Can anyone help me with a contact or email addy or alternative phone number ?

I'd be very, very grateful,

Regards,
    Rose

i tried to contact M&S in Cork by phone before, (for booking a fitting) the number they gave me also didn't work

i ended up ringing a different local branch to put me through but the woman there said she could only send me to the switch in Dublin, who then transferred me to the Cork branch.

if you try different branches once you get through they should transfer you to the switch who were very helpful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I know several people that work in M&S. Get on to M&S Head Office or though a store - they really do value service over everything else so you should get a favourable responce when you get the right person.

A bit sad they have not got their online act togeather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭rosehip

Thanks guys. I will try head office.

I googled for an email address again last night and got one for mary st. and when i emailed it returned instantly as unavailable. I'm getting very sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Did you try this number:
    If you can’t find what you’re looking for or you need help with your account, don’t hesitate to contact us. You can send us an email by clicking here or you can phone us on 1800 656 641 between 8.00 - 19.00 Monday to Friday or 9.00 – 17.00 Saturday.

The 'click here' opens up a e-mail client on you computer, as I dont have one it gives an error message. Not good. But the address is:

customer@service.marksandspencer.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭AngryLips

I got in touch with them on twitter and found that they responded to every tweet within 24 hours. You might want to give this a go @mandsireland

• Advertisement

Thanks Wm, but those are the number and email address that i tried that do NOT work.

Just got it sorted!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply.

Angrylips, thanks for the tweet suggestion - i would never have thought of that - handy to know for the future if none of their email addresses or customer helpline numbers work.

I sent an e-mail to that e-mail address yesterday and they replied today at 11.00am so it does work, but I didnt try the phone number.

Hi Wm,

I'm glad it worked for you but for the last 2 weeks it didn't work - i have an inbox of returned emails to that address but used it one month ago to sort out an issue with their free email newsletter gumming up my inbox and the unsubscribe link not working and it worked then for me.

I think it's a case of some fault with their system. I reported it and they said they'd look into it.

Thanks for the replies :)

What a pain in the bum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement