Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updated List of Open Mics?

• 27-06-2012 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have been looking around online a bit and the last updated open mic list I found was from 2010 here: http://virginstandup.ladyboyjesus.com/post/223218603/dublincomedynights

Things are a lot different now right? Is there a web page I am missing or is the scene just less active now or something? I know the battle of the axe goes on Tuesdays & that seems to be the most promoted - but not sure of others that are open (vs. getting on stage through people who have seen you)

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I don't know of any list that's up to date.

You couldn't say that the scene is less active. There's far more new comedians in Dublin at the moment than there were when that list was put together. The Capital Comedy Club are running a competition for new (and newish) comedians at the moment and I think they had somewhere in the region of 130 entrants.

Open mic nights I can think:

Battle of the Axe - Ha'Penny Inn (Tuesday night)
    Bankers - Last or First Thursday of the month (can't remember which)
    The Comedy Kitchen (Purty Kitchen)- Every Tuesday
    Anseo - Last Thursday of every month.

Of course there's open spots at most of the nights running around town but the waiting lists can be anything from a few weeks to a few months for those.

The best way to find out is through Facebook. Befriend all the clubs, nights and comedians you know and expand out from there. And obviously going to nights and getting to know people will keep you in the loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jay99

Jeff - thank you! That is very helpful.

jay99 wrote: »
    Jeff - thank you! That is very helpful.

Not a bother. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭AnthonyK7

Exactly what I logged in to find out, Thanks lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

I don't know of any list that's up to date.

You couldn't say that the scene is less active. There's far more new comedians in Dublin at the moment than there were when that list was put together. The Capital Comedy Club are running a competition for new (and newish) comedians at the moment and I think they had somewhere in the region of 130 entrants.

Open mic nights I can think:

Battle of the Axe - Ha'Penny Inn (Tuesday night)
    Bankers - Last or First Thursday of the month (can't remember which)
    The Comedy Kitchen (Purty Kitchen)- Every Tuesday
    Anseo - Last Thursday of every month.

Of course there's open spots at most of the nights running around town but the waiting lists can be anything from a few weeks to a few months for those.

The best way to find out is through Facebook. Befriend all the clubs, nights and comedians you know and expand out from there. And obviously going to nights and getting to know people will keep you in the loop.

Great post.

What is the Comedy Kitchen like? Also, does Aidan Killian still book Anseo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Great post.

What is the Comedy Kitchen like? Also, does Aidan Killian still book Anseo?

As far as I know Aidan doesn't book Anseo any more. Jonathan does the bookings there now I think.

Great post.

What is the Comedy Kitchen like?

The Comedy Kitchen is gone now. Although I think the guy who ran it is starting up a new night in December.

Advertisement