Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assault on Washington St - Gardai did not care

Options
2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

JUNKIES my ****ing hole.

Junkies are either so whacked out of it to be incapable of assault, or looking for MONEY.

They don't randomly beat up students for no reason.

As said before the two lads were probably loud mouth students toffs who mouthed off to the wrong guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

jayteecork wrote: »
    JUNKIES my ****ing hole.

Junkies are either so whacked out of it to be incapable of assault, or looking for MONEY.

As said before the two lads were probably loud mouth students toffs who mouthed off to the wrong guys.
    Sounds to me like you are condoning the assault. You are making assumptions. I do not know what the lads did or didn't say to the scummers. What i do know is that they were victims of a vicious assault. I know from experience that today you don't need to say anything to have your head kicked in. Last year I took a punch from a knacker for not having a cigarette for him. Ireland is becoming a rather lawless society that not only tolerates, but also fosters the growth of scumbag culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

This is sadly something that seems to happen a lot in town.

Happened to my brother last Thursday, him and the girlfriend went to Centra on Grand Parade after having a few drinks to get food. She waited outside cause she was having a fag. 4-5 drunk men started hassling her, grabbing at her clothes, passing comments, and just being general dickheads.

My brother came out of the shop, told the lads to leave it off, words were exchanged, and the 4-5 others jumped him. He ended up with a broken jaw, stitches to the face and head and a sprained hand.

There were Gaurds outside MacDonalds in Daunt square at the time, came over, broke the fight up and told my brother to go home and not to be picking fights. My brother said he wanted to press charges but was told that he had harassed the other men by telling them to "f off" and he'd have no claim. CCTV backs up the story that he didn't pick a fight, he was defending his girlfriend, but they don't care.

I know a certain amount of scummy young people make the job of the Gardaí very difficult but if they continue to treat people like they are no one will have any trust or faith in them. When it comes to town late at night, they just don't care.

grenache wrote: »
    Sounds to me like you are condoning the assault. You are making assumptions. I do not know what the lads did or didn't say to the scummers. What i do know is that they were victims of a vicious assault. I know from experience that today you don't need to say anything to have your head kicked in. Last year I took a punch from a knacker for not having a cigarette for him. Ireland is becoming a rather lawless society that not only tolerates, but also fosters the growth of scumbag culture.

..... assumptions? Aren't you the one saying they were junkies?

RoverJames wrote: »
    ..... assumptions? Aren't you the one saying they were junkies?

They were. They had the look. And the lads said they asked them for money but refused. If they weren't junkies then i'm elvis pressley.

• Advertisement

Well Elvis. What's a junkie, what does the term mean to you?

RoverJames wrote: »
    Well Elvis. What's a junkie, what does the term mean to you?

They were scumbag junkies. I know a junkie when i see one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

leahyl wrote: »
    Remember a few years back - that 'Minister for Justice' banging on about zero tolerance - lol:rolleyes:
    That was a Fianna Fail minister from Kerry. Fianna Fail will say anything for a vote.

JUNKIES my ****ing hole.

Scumbags, however, do.
    Student 'toffs'? :rolleyes: Yes, those uppity f*ckers trying to get an education, shame on them. They should scab off the dole, taking money from the magical government money tree...

In my entire life, I've never once seen a normal person pick a fight with a skanger. Not once.

How many times have we all witnessed (or experienced) a skanger attacking a normal person?

Overall, yours has to be one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen on this website. Bravo sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

That was a Fianna Fail minister from Kerry. Fianna Fail will say anything for a vote.

Every political party will say anything for a vote..........

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    Every political party will say anything for a vote..........
    Not true - or at least, it used not be. Fianna Failure are the ultimate populists. If the other parties finally learned that the Irish electorate is so stupid that you are obliged to spin fairy tales to get a vote, then blame the electorate and Fianna Fail in that order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Saw similar assault about 5 years ago on Grand Parade when driving past in car.
    Had camera in back of car, took few photos of brief assault and followed two scum bags and took further snaps.

Rang Garda station, told them story.. We'll send some one down...

Met two guards strolling on foot, told them story and offered my memory card, More or less told to fuvk off and mind my business...
    I was in town less than an hour ago, when walking up Washington St, i see two druggie type scumbags set upon on two young guys outside the Daybreak shop. For no apparent reason. They really took a pasting too. One of the scumbags had a guy pinned down to the side of the kerb, and was continually kicking him in the head. And i mean really hard, i thought he would kill him. The other scummer was throwing punches at the second young guy, they looked like students.

The scummers soon stopped and wandered down the street towards Grand Parade. Before they reached it, a paddywagon arrived on the scene, and this is were it becomes farcical. A bangarda starts to question the two druggies while the students, who had chased after them, are very animated and extremely pi$$ed off. Another guard is dealing with them. So i stepped in, decided to give a statement since i was one of a few people who saw the whole incident.

I've never seen a group of guards less interested in taking a bunch of thugs to task over an assault. Now to be fair, the victims were pretty upset, but all the guards seemed more interested in telling them to shut up and sticking their heads in their faces. I gave my statement, telling them exactly what happened. They let the two scummers go free, probably to assault some other poor misfortune, and continue to tell the two poor lads to shut up, that they need to make a complaint if they want anything to be done about it! As if two battered students and witness statement was not enough to lock those two thugs up for the night.

I've heard many stories about guards not doing their jobs and not caring, but this one took the biscuit. When i asked why were they letting them walk off after assaulting people i was told by one garda that "evidently you don't know anything about the law". If that's what "law and order" is in 2012, i absolutely give up on this state. After this incident i now have zero faith in our policing force. When they cannot be trusted to protect people from being beaten up in the street, what's the point in having them there at all? There's one rule for the scum of society and a very different rule for upstanding citizens. It was a disgrace. An utter disgrace.

"Guardians of the Peace" - you're having a laugh.

ford2600 wrote: »
    Met two guards strolling on foot, told them story and offered my memory card, More or less told to fuvk off and mind my business...
    Good work, Guards. Another successful day of protecting the public (and earning very nicely for it).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Not true - or at least, it used not be. Fianna Failure are the ultimate populists. If the other parties finally learned that the Irish electorate is so stupid that you are obliged to spin fairy tales to get a vote, then blame the electorate and Fianna Fail in that order.

Right so Fine Gael and Labour never told lies in order to get into government.....hhhmmm. Anyway this isn't about politics.

They were scumbag junkies. I know a junkie when i see one.

Again, what's a junkie ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Closing this as its going round in circles now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement