Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Company 'forcing' employees to follow Tony Quinn program

• 27-06-2012 8:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

This is the only link I could find to it online. Read it in the paper on Sunday. The website i found it on seems to be some kind of cult victim advocacy group or something along those lines anyway...

http://dialogueireland.wordpress.com/2012/06/24/boylesports-in-row-over-cult-training-course-by-aine-coffey-sunday-times-june-24-2012/

The company's owner has been under the web of Tony Quinn for years and now he is apparently forcing employees to attend these seminars under the guise of staff training. Making senior staff have one to one kind of hypnosis type sessions and all the while the guru lady is marking their performance which could affect their job.

Also apparently refusing to attend is putting your position on the line. This is crazy stuff! I used to work for this company years ago and there was whispers that the owner was involved in a cult but now it seems he is recruiting new members for Tony Quinn from his pool of staff!

According from some of the comments this is going to be making headlines in the Sunday papers this week, but aside from that there are lots of comments purportedly from current staff who seem very concerned and are genuinely scared to speak up publicly for fear of losing their job!

This sort of stuff can't be on in 2012, surely?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Meh. Boyle isn't doing that well anyway, no wonder he's getting into as sort of stuff. Quinn is a shadowy character though, and there have always been rumblings about his, uh, 'practices'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Confab wrote: »
    Meh. Boyle isn't doing that well anyway, no wonder he's getting into as sort of stuff. Quinn is a shadowy character though, and there have always been rumblings about his, uh, 'practices'.

Seems he's doing very well allegedly turned over 1.2bn last year. It seems he's getting into that sort of stuff as he is very impressionable- just what i'm reading on that site... users seem to reckon he is a very inept ceo and got to where he is on the back of other peoples work and leadership but gives credit only to himself (refering to himself in third person!!) and Tony Quinn.

And I agree - the limited knowledge I have of Tony Quinn makes me think he is very unpleasant and just a stereotypical cult leader... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

The leader is good the leader is great we surrender our will as of this date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

na na na na na na LEADER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

There was a liveline devoted to Tony Quinn a while back (yeah, I know, but it was actually good), people saying what a waste of money it was, and how it's a borderline cult. It's obviously not religious, but it uses similar methods to cults. You're told stuff along the lines of "dont trust anyone who hasn't done one of the courses as they're less intelligent than you". Boyle rang in and supported it. He's obviously bought in completely.
    Experts were calling in saying the same information Tony Quinn gives out can be found in a load of self help books on amazon for a tenner. Quinn was charging 30-40k for the same information

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

Ridiculousness.

That's a real word, I checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

bigneacy wrote: »
    This is the only link I could find to it online. Read it in the paper on Sunday. The website i found it on seems to be some kind of cult victim advocacy group or something along those lines anyway...

http://dialogueireland.wordpress.com/2012/06/24/boylesports-in-row-over-cult-training-course-by-aine-coffey-sunday-times-june-24-2012/

The company's owner has been under the web of Tony Quinn for years and now he is apparently forcing employees to attend these seminars under the guise of staff training. Making senior staff have one to one kind of hypnosis type sessions and all the while the guru lady is marking their performance which could affect their job.

Also apparently refusing to attend is putting your position on the line. This is crazy stuff! I used to work for this company years ago and there was whispers that the owner was involved in a cult but now it seems he is recruiting new members for Tony Quinn from his pool of staff!

According from some of the comments this is going to be making headlines in the Sunday papers this week, but aside from that there are lots of comments purportedly from current staff who seem very concerned and are genuinely scared to speak up publicly for fear of losing their job!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭DonQuay1

Confab wrote: »

I have to go to work .... so I'll give you a very quick two cents worth:

If he's trying to brainwash or other wise influance his employees inappropriately ... the EU labour laws will have his arse in a sling. You see .... the Germans don't like the Scientologists so they're hardly going to put up with the Quinnists!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Whats a Tony Quinn ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

The photo in the link is not encouraging me to have a neutral pov :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

bigneacy wrote: »

This isn't news. Used to work for a large multi-national who regularly engaged in brainwashing of their staff. I imagine they still do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

What a sinny cult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Whats a Tony Quinn ?

It's like a tracker mortgage but it's got a funny lookin' beard & beady eyes.

Advertisement