Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant decide what game to get this friday

Options
  • 27-06-2012 8:29am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

i have 55 euro
    want to get 1 game, if possible two pre owned games which are on me list :P

cant decide, i like them all so i need help picking :D

Skyrim
    Dark Souls
    Ghost recon FS
    Metal gear solid hd collection
    Dragons Dogma
    BF3
    MW3

or for pc

the company of heroes collection
    when does the new company of heroes come out? number 3 i think it is, looks great two ha

I've played all them already, just cant decide ha i like them all

if anyone of you's could pick one to buy which would it be and why ? :D
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

They are all good games but if i were you, i wouldnt pick both Skyrim and dark souls at the same time. Dont get me wrong they are both brilliant games but they both consume a lot of time and are both RPG. If i were you, i would go for Skyrim/Dark souls and Mofern warfare 3

That way there would be a good mix between single and multiplayer.

and for 55 euro, you should definitely be able to get 2 of those games (second hand). no problems.

Peace

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

Skyrim. If nothing else, for the amount of game you get for your money. Seriously, I bought it around the launch and I still haven't 100%'d it yet (and going by previous Bethesda RPGs, I probably never will).

Get it on PC if you have that choice, there are loads of awesome mods available.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

Thanks guys,
    sadly my pc wont be able to handle skyrim
    everything on me pc is fully upgraded and able to handle any new games that come out except for my processer ha

ive upgraded everything except that, turns out it will cost me just as much to upgrade that then buy a new pc ha

at the moment im leaning towards skyrim :D have until tomorrow to decide ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Just a thought - there's a Steam sale incoming - probably next week. You could keep that €55 and you'd get a lot of games for it on the daily deals each day. Could end up with a lot more bang for your buck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Personally? MGS HD collection. It was only 35e in Tesco when I picked it up, save yourself 20e for another! AND it's three (well...five if you count them chucking in the original two) games in one!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'd get dragons dogma if I were you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

I'd get Skyrim & MGS HD Collection. Just so ya know the Ratchet & Clank HD Collection is out this friday too

Metal gear hd collection is a must buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Dragons Dogma and Battlefield 3
    or
    SKYRIM and Battlefield 3

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Out of that list, Dark Souls all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 MarkusBrady

I would definitely wait until next week (Steam sale) but I if you have to get one tomorrow get Skyrim for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Dark Souls IMO :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Dark Souls and/or MGS HD.

I found Skyrim boring after only a few hours, if you want that experience just get Oblivion dirt cheap somewhere and imagine the grass is snow :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, PS3 – £20.77 delivered

First set up a new Tesco account with a different email address to your regular one (all other details can be the same), and purchase £20 in eGift vouchers here (to be sent to your main email address), and apply coupon “RMTW19HL”.

Once you’ve received the voucher, use it on your regular account to purchase this, applying coupon “RMTW19HL” a second time

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This thread needs a poll :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Well out of that list Dark Souls without a doubt. Skyrim gets boring very fast unfortunately. It's such a huge game but it is very very repetitive. Dark Souls will chew you up and spit you out but you will keep coming back for more and more and no other game gives you the sense of accomplishment like it once you start making progress and eventually finish it...... until NG+ starts and you realise it's not over at all, it's never over!!!!! :p

You can't go wrong with the MGS HD collection either however!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'd pick up Dark souls in Argos for 25 Euro and Mass Effect 3 for 19 :D
    Leaving you with a few bob for the steam sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Big Knox wrote: »
    Skyrim gets boring very fast unfortunately.

You can't go wrong with the MGS HD collection either however!

Agree with both these points.

Haven't touched Skyrim since I finished the story and have had not even the slightest desire to go back. Somehow different to Oblivion and Fallout 3 ini a very sad way... :(

BF3 used to be good IMO, but they patched it into oblivion, game-breaking bugs ignored and half-fixed, slow release cycle and lots of advertisement for the NEW DLC BUY THIS!!!! It will take a lot for EA-DICE to get my money again.

MW3 looks like MW2 which was a crap version of CoD 4:MW. How can you have any faith in game devs who pump out a new version every year with little/no support.

Bohemia, wow, there is a company for support, nearly weekly patches for ArmA 2 (released in 2009!)

People seem to be saying Dark Souls, I've no experience with it, so yeah....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone know actually what price the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is in bricks and mortar stores? I know it can be got for ~£27 online but wouldn't mind having it for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Battlefield 3 is €30 in Gamestop at the moment, so i'd definitely recommend that. Some of the new updates annoyed me, but since I faourited DICE servers its fun again.

And Dark Souls in Argos if its only €25.. well worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

I'd go for Skyrim & BF3.

MW3 is fairly shíte, I traded it in after a week or two. It's the exact same as the past modern warfares.

There's a lot of cool stuff to do in Skyrim too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Dark Souls, you shold have enough left over to buy Demon's Souls too.

So when is this "steam sale" starting :-P?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Anyone know actually what price the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is in bricks and mortar stores? I know it can be got for ~£27 online but wouldn't mind having it for the weekend

on sale for €35 in gamestop atm, i picked mine up earlier this year for €40 in smyths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

If you liked mw2 you will probably like mw3

Advertisement