Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bishop caught frollicking with girlfriend resigns.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Anyone have any pics of "frolicking bikini-clad woman"
    I hope shes not hot or im gonna get peeved off

Prepares for Fap Session:rolleyes:

Update

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/argentina/9356711/Bishop-resigns-after-being-caught-cavorting-with-woman-on-beach.html

http://207.156.20.146/items/show/84827

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Anyone have any pics of "frolicking bikini-clad woman"
    I hope shes not hot or im gonna get peeved off

Prepares for Fap Session:rolleyes:

Link on first page.

Happy fapping;)

it has no choice. adapt now or die simples.

if they have no new priests signing up to preach the lord's word then how can it maintain the flock?

Again, how do they do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Dr.Strange wrote: »
    So my staement went from being preposterous to fair enough?!

No you changed your statement from your initial one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

well first of all you have to soak the paper over night in watered down glue, the rest is self explanatory.

well first of all you have to soak the paper over night in watered down glue, the rest is self explanatory.

Well that explains it. Thank you;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

it could be done very easily... allow clergy to marry and more people would sign up... there is many religious people out there but don't sign up because they don't agree with the celibacy bit. there was a time when priests and bishops could marry... but it was changed. why not repeal that change.

the real problem is that none of the highest ranking clergy want to be remembered as the one that sacrificed the sanctity of marriage in order to save the church.

So long as they continue this mentallity the church as a whole is dwindling into nothingness.

so once the current priests have died off the church will cease to exist much like many other ancient religions such as the nordic religion, ancient egyption, and ancient roman religions.

personally i dont give a hoot about wether the cc survives or not... i know its not for me.

it could be done very easily... allow clergy to marry and more people would sign up... there is many religious people out there but don't sign up because they don't agree with the celibacy bit. there was a time when priests and bishops could marry... but it was changed. why not repeal that change.

the real problem is that none of the highest ranking clergy want to be remembered as the one that sacrificed the sanctity of marriage in order to save the church.

So long as they continue this mentallity the church as a whole is dwindling into nothingness.

so once the current priests have died off the church will cease to exist much like many other ancient religions such as the nordic religion, ancient egyption, and ancient roman religions.

personally i dont give a hoot about wether the cc survives or not... i know its not for me.

I don't care about the CC either, but I can't see how they can radically change and still be relevant. Most practising roman catholics are older and as such would probably have difficulty accepting such extreme reforms.

They would need to dramatically improve their PR for that one, I think:rolleyes:.

I don't care about the CC either, but I can't see how they can radically change and still be relevant. Most practising roman catholics are older and as such would probably have difficulty accepting such extreme reforms.

They would need to dramatically improve their PR for that one, I think:rolleyes:.

most older generation wouldn't give a hoot if priests were allowed to be married.

those days have long since gone. but have a read of this.

http://www.libchrist.com/bible/catholiccelibacy.html

nowadays we have prenumpts and cohabiting agreements... make it so no priests can marry unless their spouse to be signs one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

its not ridiculous that they cant marry, but it is incredibly greedy. they used to be allowed marry as catholic priests until the vatican got smart.

one generation after implementing the rule, the churches finances and land holdings exploded. only well off people really went to seminaries and forbidding them from having kids meant that VERY often the priests just willed their possessions to the rcc when they died.

devious and successful.

most older generation wouldn't give a hoot if priests were allowed to be married.

those days have long since gone. but have a read of this.

http://www.libchrist.com/bible/catholiccelibacy.html

nowadays we have prenumpts and cohabiting agreements... make it so no priests can marry unless their spouse to be signs one.

I assume a wife would be expected to be heavily involved in church activities and as a result would not work.

So the marriage breaks down and the wife is left homeless and with no means of financially supporting herself.

I can this greatly improving reputation of the CC.

Edit: Still the stumbling block of the church accepting divoce.

I assume a wife would be expected to be heavily involved in church activities and as a result would not work.

So the marriage breaks down and the wife is left homeless and with no means of financially supporting herself.

I can this greatly improving reputation of the CC.

Edit: Still the stumbling block of the church accepting divoce.

not necessarily... noone is forcing her to work for the church but if she is doing work for the church then they should have to pay her if she was divorced from the priest and give her a pension when she hits retirement age.

the church can easily afford it... also how many empty convents do the church own? if she divorced the priest then the church should house her in one of these convents until she either decides to leave herself or dies.

it can be done it just takes a pope with balls to man up and make it possible or see his beloved church die from neglect.

not necessarily... noone is forcing her to work for the church but if she is doing work for the church then they should have to pay her if she was divorced from the priest and give her a pension when she hits retirement age.

the church can easily afford it... also how many empty convents do the church own? if she divorced the priest then the church should house her in one of these convents until she either decides to leave herself or dies.

it can be done it just takes a pope with balls to man up and make it possible or see his beloved church die from neglect.

So convents full of the ex-wives of priests ...............:rolleyes:

Yes the church can afford to pay them - it could also afford to pay compensation to the victims of clerical abuse, but that isn't happening is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

saiint wrote: »
    i agree, they should be allowed to marry , have sex and so on
    if they were, there would be "would of been" less child molesters in the catholic church
    ' Less ' yes but what if they never intended to get married and were that way inclined in the first place ? .... they would be no different so the Catholic Church just made it easier for them to get closer to children .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

its ridiculous they should be allowed to marry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭android1

Raping children is one thing but fornicating with an adult is something else. I no longer have any trust in the catholic church.

i don't see why they should be made to allow marriage
    it's their club, their rules
    the priests know what they are signing up for and if they hate it so much they can leave and marry then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

bluewolf wrote: »
    the priests know what they are signing up for and if they hate it so much they can leave and marry then
    Exactly ,their rules , choice and they can't have it every way .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Dr.Strange

bluewolf wrote: »

It's not really a question of them being 'made' to allow it, they should see for themselves that it would be a good thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Did anyone make a joke about kissing the bishop's ring yet? I'm too lazy to check.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

mawk wrote: »
    its not ridiculous that they cant marry, but it is incredibly greedy. they used to be allowed marry as catholic priests until the vatican got smart.

one generation after implementing the rule, the churches finances and land holdings exploded. only well off people really went to seminaries and forbidding them from having kids meant that VERY often the priests just willed their possessions to the rcc when they died.

devious and successful.

I thought that had to do with nepotism. You know, with the reformation of the church, as a result of that Lurther fella crying out about stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

also the ten commandments would become nine as they would have to drop, you will not covet your neighbours wife, I suppose you could replace it with leave the kids alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

RTE 2 NOW lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

that would be an eccumenical matter :-)
    also the ten commandments would become nine as they would have to drop, you will not covet your neighbours wife, I suppose you could replace it with leave the kids alone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

These are both pretty awful statements

your a priest
    so obviously you'd be against my statement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

saiint wrote: »
    your a priest
    so obviously you'd be against my statement

I'm a priest?:confused:

Advertisement