Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to Paris in two weeks? (and wetsuit question!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

7.5? are you sure? that's bloody freezing if it is. can't be right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Elvis_Presley

I misread it,

http://www.siaap.fr/tableau-de-bord/

it's at 19.6 now which sounds quite warm!

Do you think I would need a wetsuit for that?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You may find that wetsuits are compulsory at that temperature, you need to check your event rules. The aldi suits are going to get you past a rule like that, but I cant imagine it will be a fantastic suit.

a wetsuit is not compulsory but i'm very skinny and always get cold quickly in water. I'm thinking maybe a rash vest might be good. I have a good surfing wetsuit but I don't think it will be suitable for this. Plus trying to squeeze it into handluggage might be difficult! Don't fancy wearing a wetsuit under my clothes on a ryanair flight!!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I always put the wetsuit in with the bike, but you dont say if youre bringing one. If you get cold, yes a suit will be worthwhile.

• Advertisement

I'm being loaned a decent roadbike out there, so will only travel on handluggage - I'm a broke student trying to keep the cost down.

Advertisement