Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filling out the CAO.

• 27-06-2012 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if I can mess this up. As in if i fill in the level 6/7 will it mess up my level 8? Or is there a level 6/7 I randomly put in that would affect my application?

Fairly certain on getting a level 8 but I don't want to mess up the whole thing just because I want to fill in my level 6/7 as well. Or if I put in a course that I'm not eligible for or is restricted would this affect my application? Don't want to mess it up so if someone could please just clarify the whole thing so I don't end up having a wonky CAO.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

TheGunns wrote: »
    Just wondering if I can mess this up. As in if i fill in the level 6/7 will it mess up my level 8? Or is there a level 6/7 I randomly put in that would affect my application?

Fairly certain on getting a level 8 but I don't want to mess up the whole thing just because I want to fill in my level 6/7 as well. Or if I put in a course that I'm not eligible for or is restricted would this affect my application? Don't want to mess it up so if someone could please just clarify the whole thing so I don't end up having a wonky CAO.

You'll get an offer from both the level 8 list and the level 6/7. They wont effect eachother. If you fill in a course that's restricted and if you haven't done the required extra work (like an entrance exam or the HPAT) then you just won't get that course and get offered the next one on your list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

M&S* wrote: »
    You'll get an offer from both the level 8 list and the level 6/7. They wont effect eachother. If you fill in a course that's restricted and if you haven't done the required extra work (like an entrance exam or the HPAT) then you just won't get that course and get offered the next one on your list.

so there's no way for me to mess it up unless i get the order I want wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

TheGunns wrote: »
    so there's no way for me to mess it up unless i get the order I want wrong?
    Pretty much, at this stage ... I would assume that if you left out anything major when you first applied, you would have been notified by now.

I would stress again that the lists / choices for Level 8 courses and for Level 6/7 courses are entirely independent of each other. What you put on one list cannot affect the other.

Advertisement