Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why doesn't extension cable work?

Options
  • 27-06-2012 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

The charging cable that came with my iPad was only a metre long so was awkward to use — I travel a lot so I often have to recharge in cafés, other people's homes, trains, ferry terminals etc. and sockets are never in convenient places.

The cable started to disintegrate, so I got a replacement from a pound shop. However, the replacement was even shorter — just 75 cm, so even more awkward to use.

Then I got a USB extension cable from another pound shop — a lovely 3 metres long for just €1. However, when I connect it up to the charging cable, the iPad won't charge, and I don't undertand why. The battery indicator at the top right shows the charging symbol, but the iPad does not actually charge up. The 3-metre cable doesn't seem faulty because it works when recharging my phone.

It's almost as if Apple are detecting an unauthorised cable and are blocking it somehow. It's very frustrating.

Any ideas what's going wrong?
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement