Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UPC price increase

• 27-06-2012 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭

I got a letter off UPC today informing of a price increase coming soon. I noticed in the small print that it mentions you can downgrade or cancel within 30 days of receiving the letter.

Now, I recently signed up for another 12 months in April but I'm wondering is this a change of terms and conditions on their part and can I actually cancel the contract or be removed from contract but continue paying each month untill I decide to change provider without penalty?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Balls....downgrade here i come :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭califano

Not really a price increase just some telephony realignment afair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Im not aware of the letter you recieved but if there is a change to the price of the service that you recieve then they are effectively nullifying the terms and conditions that you signed and you can cancel the service penalty free within 30 days. After 30 days it is assumed that you accept the new terms and conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Is there any mention of this on their website..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

If this is the same letter I received a few days ago then as one of the other posters said it is not a price increase just a change in the phone service and an encouragement for you to pay bills by DD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭johnner09

i got that letter in the door and it basicly said that they are increasing phone charges from the 12th of August with the price of land lines at 4c and mobiles at 20c per minute. thats all i paid attention to but there were other prices for the uk and directories, again, paid no heed and along side that was another letter to let me know what services they`ve introduced as in BB speed from 25 - 30mb/s, UPC phone app and not least their new on demand service.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Mearings

I received that letter today. If you pto you will see 'Increase to your bill'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

5500 wrote: »
    I got a letter off UPC today informing of a price increase coming soon. I noticed in the small print that it mentions you can downgrade or cancel within 30 days of receiving the letter.

Now, I recently signed up for another 12 months in April but I'm wondering is this a change of terms and conditions on their part and can I actually cancel the contract or be removed from contract but continue paying each month untill I decide to change provider without penalty?

Yes you can. Ring up and quote there letter. Tell them you dont agree to the terms and want out of the contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

For those still wondering what exactly the letter contains, here's the one we received :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Yes you can. Ring up and quote there letter. Tell them you dont agree to the terms and want out of the contract.
    I did this and they stated if I wanted out of contract I have to leave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭5500

Fwiw I rang up complaining about the additional charge and was made an offer of a €20 discount off my broadband for 4 months or 2 months free to stick for another 12 months. By taking €20 a month for 4 months it brings my bill to the same as it would have been minus the increase over the 12 months.

Either ways if you got the letter It's worth giving them a call and seeing if there's anything they can do as a sweetner for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 IlBuono

Hi rang UPC to cancel today using this price increase as a reason. The upc guy said I had to give 30 days notice.

Is this true, do I need to give a 30 day notice or can I just leave?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Yeh, that is in the contract, 30 days, on the broadband anyway, assume TV is similar. The price increase only gets you out of not having to pay the cancellation charge.

Advertisement