Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AA Motor Insurance

Options
  • 27-06-2012 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Guys,

Anyone has any experiences with AA motor insurance, are they good?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I got it for the first time this year. Haven't had cause to use it, but seems fine. The package doesn't have roadside recovery built in, which at first I thought was odd. After all, aren't they known for that? :)

You can sign up for the rescue package for a reduced rate once you have the insurance, and also can get a free fuel card that gets you 2c off every litre of fuel in topaz. So works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Rightadvice

MarkR wrote: »
    I got it for the first time this year. Haven't had cause to use it, but seems fine. The package doesn't have roadside recovery built in, which at first I thought was odd. After all, aren't they known for that? :)

You can sign up for the rescue package for a reduced rate once you have the insurance, and also can get a free fuel card that gets you 2c off every litre of fuel in topaz. So works for me.

Hi MarkR,

Your car insurance provider might already cover you for breakdown assist along with windscreen cover, might be worth checking out

Regards

Robert

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i got a discount on the roadside yokey (and the other 2 addons) as it's my 2nd year as a member
    got a discount on the insurance for the aa membership as well, so it cancels out

it's supposed to be a lot better than the standard breakdown assist you get with insurers

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

I put my own car with them for the first time this month, got a good price, €75 lower than my broker was quoting, only difference was yes, the breakdown cover, I suppose they want you to take out an actual AA cover but I went with it anyway, all I wanted was full bonus protection and a decent excess and I was happy. Just hope the feckin' thing doesn't break down now!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Isn't AA just acting as a broker so doesn't the cover really depend on which company your business is given to? Obviously they can offer breakdown assistance as part of the deal but anything else is surely dependent on which insurance company is writing the policy.

That's my tuppence worth anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement