Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query on opening account

Options
  • 27-06-2012 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi,

I was a BOI customer before with a current account which has been closed. I went a bit mad when I was at college and had a few loans (one a car and another for college fees). Anyways I fell behind in repayments and nearly defaulted on the loans. I sourced money elsewhere and cleared the loans before it got messy. I was working in the uk for the past few years and am now back in ROI. Have a current account with another bank which has been in the news all week, and am looking to change.

Would my previous poor record affect the opening of a new account? The previous events happened in 2007 early 2008. I realise my credit rating has taken a hammering and am also wondering if I will ever be able to get finance again?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

hi donegaldude,

Thanks for getting in touch. It is possible to open an account, even if you have a poor credit rating, but all applications would be looked at on a case-by-case basis.
    You can find all of the information you need to switch your account back to us here.

There is also a link at the bottom of that page to our FAQs on switching your account and a link to the switching documentation that you may need.

I hope this helps. If there's anything else we can do for you, just ask.

Thanks
    Pat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭donegaldude

Thanks for the reply, will pop over to a branch and see how I get on.

Advertisement