Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile stolen outside of Ireland

Options
  • 27-06-2012 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has been in the situation where your mobile was stolen in another country and you're trying to get a replacement handset?

I was told my insurance covers loss or theft in other countries, but the forms ask for a Garda number.

I have the IMEI and reported it stolen with my service provider and i have local (Germany) documentation detailing the theft. Surely i don't have to physically go back to Ireland to bring up the matter with the Gardai before i can claim for a replacement?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Phier wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has been in the situation where your mobile was stolen in another country and you're trying to get a replacement handset?

I was told my insurance covers loss or theft in other countries, but the forms ask for a Garda number.

I have the IMEI and reported it stolen with my service provider and i have local (Germany) documentation detailing the theft. Surely i don't have to physically go back to Ireland to bring up the matter with the Gardai before i can claim for a replacement?

Cheers.

Did you just try asking the insurance company? As long as it was all done within a timely manner there should be no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i would imagine that the relevant reference from the local police would suffice.
    your insurance company are the best people to ask though.

Advertisement