Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updated look for the site.

Options

Comments

Possible bug on Chrome -

I followed this thread to see what the notifications were like now, then unfollowed but it seemed to have randomly selected "follow" again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I'm afraid of change

500px-abraham_simpson.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Even though bold, it's a bit hard to distinguish unread threads with all the white. perhaps a subtle colour change on rows of unread threads would be an idea. Like the way the touch site has for unread pm's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

...ok, just changed back to Old Look and............my eyes are relieved already: the difference is discernible....

btw, Breadcrumbs bar in black is jarring - some shade of dark blue would be better ??

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Boards.ie: Tony

bren50c wrote: »
    Type: Design
    Issue: Like the new look but the horizontal scrolling issue that's been mentioned already, I think is a dealbreaker. Using the old skin i can read threads without any horizontal scrolling. Attached Screenshots
    http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/6075/oldskin.jpg
    http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/2106/newskinr.jpg
    Browser & OS: Chrome 19.0.1084.56 m and Win 7 64
    Screen Resolution: 1280x800 (max possible on my laptop, and presumably a good few other laptops)

You have to be zoomed in. Are you sure the zoom level is set to 100% on your browser. The site will scale down to 940px wide before scroll bars are called for.
    I run a 1280x800 laptop at home and have it and my twitter client running side by side with no scroll bars.

The usual way to reset the zoom level is to hit CTRL and Zero (or CTRL and - to zoom out)

Try that and see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

It can be unstuck in the Control Panel -> Edit Options. Down the end of the page is the option to Unstick the header

Doesn't work for me either

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I, too, dislike all of the wasted space and the harsh contrast of the interface. Extra clicks for subforums is gonna drive me nuts. Please leave the old one as an option :(

Is it possible to change the colour of the breadcrumbs to white/text to black? Sometimes it's hard to see against the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Is my forums drop down menu supposed to list the forums ? Because it shows nothing for me. Also why is followed threads in the user menu instead of the my forums menu ? Makes no sense. My forums links to followed forums and thread. Why not just put it there ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Looks great, though pg up and pg dn don't seem to be working? Spacebar still does a pg dn, but the other 2 keys seem to have no effect?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,457 ✭✭✭Nollog

I'm not a fan of the new look. It's all scary and different. :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

When there's new posts will the thread title be bolded? Better be!

LordSmeg wrote: »
    Is my forums drop down menu supposed to list the forums ? Because it shows nothing for me. Also why is followed threads in the user menu instead of the my forums menu ? Makes no sense. My forums links to followed forums and thread. Why not just put it there ?

My Forums will show the ones that you're currently subscribed to. If you're subscribed to none then nothing will show here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Nice and simple. I'm glad you've resisted the trend to make it overly complicated.

Like... although I'll be sticking with my black theme as it is closer in appearance to AutoCad (for work reasons)...

My Forums will show the ones that you're currently subscribed to. If you're subscribed to none then nothing will show here.

I'm subscribed to several but there's still nothing showing there.

Zillah wrote: »
    I, too, dislike all of the wasted space and the harsh contrast of the interface. Extra clicks for subforums is gonna drive me nuts. Please leave the old one as an option :(

Have you tried the omni bar for navigating directly to sub-forums? Works great for me!

gnolan wrote: »
    Doesn't work for me either

Have you got any details on what OS / Browser you're on?

Just to note lads... there's still an option to make text white in the editor. You're gonna get blacklisted by google for that stuff when you have a white background.

See what I mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

There must be a bug with your specific browser/OS combination. Can you give us full details and we'll investigate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

bren50c wrote: »
    Type: Design
    Issue: Like the new look but the horizontal scrolling issue that's been mentioned already, I think is a dealbreaker. Using the old skin i can read threads without any horizontal scrolling. Attached Screenshots
    http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/6075/oldskin.jpg
    http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/2106/newskinr.jpg
    Browser & OS: Chrome 19.0.1084.56 m and Win 7 64
    Screen Resolution: 1280x800 (max possible on my laptop, and presumably a good few other laptops)

You just have to press Ctrl + - and it will zoom out and fix this for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

I like the layout but the background shade is hard on the eyes.

Strange, all of mine are coming up for me.

There must be a bug with your specific browser/OS combination. Can you give us full details and we'll investigate.

Using Firefox 11 on Ubuntu 11.1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Looks fine. Wold be nice to have a 'disagree with this post' button - I think this would reduce people's urge to get into arguments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭bren50c

You have to be zoomed in. Are you sure the zoom level is set to 100% on your browser. The site will scale down to 940px wide before scroll bars are called for.
    I run a 1280x800 laptop at home and have it and my twitter client running side by side with no scroll bars.

The usual way to reset the zoom level is to hit CTRL and Zero (or CTRL and - to zoom out)

Try that and see

Tony thanks for replying. I think you're right. I tried using firefox and scrolling is fine.
    See screen:
    http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/4102/firefoxskin.jpg
    But chrome is telling me zoom is set to 100% and i have the scrolling issue...weird. Could it be a different font size in chrome or something. zoom set to 75 seems to make it look right in chrome

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

For everyone asking about how to Unstick the header, you can :

It can be unstuck in the Control Panel -> Edit Options. Down the end of the page is the option to Unstick the header

How's the new multi-quote working out for you Tony? :P

Have you tried the omni bar for navigating directly to sub-forums? Works great for me!

Whats an omni bar ?

Piliger wrote: »
    Looks fine. Wold be nice to have a 'disagree with this post' button - I think this would reduce people's urge to get into arguments.
    A youtube style green/red bar for likes/dislikes would be great actually.

This might seem like a small and silly suggestion, but is it possible to have the name of whoever got POTD beside it on the Boards.ie drop down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,183 ✭✭✭batistuta9

self praise is no praise :pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement