Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updated look for the site.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

How do I get rid of this:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

How do I get rid of this:(

Link in the first post

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

kceire wrote: »
    where is the"disable sticky header option" located?

At the bottom of this page there is an option for doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

In the control panel in the edit options link on the left. It doesn't seem to work for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Dean09 wrote: »
    Link in the first post
    So glad to be back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭555guy

don't like it . .. its too spread out... I mostly use the my threads feature but I now think its layout is very user unfriendly

Using Google Chrome by the way if that makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

edit options in your user control panel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Feckin' hell! I was just getting used to the old format .......... and they bloody well go and change it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Adrenalin

Looks good on Safari to me, although a little too facebooky for my liking.

But hey, thats why this is the beta right?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 maristella

Love the new look.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Like the new look but when I browse on my iPad the my forums listing is not working. Have to click home to get back to get to my forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Like the new look but when I browse on my iPad the my forums listing is not working. Have to click home to get back to get to my forums.

Strange it's working for me , I'm using the iPad 3 and browsing on the tablet is a hell of a lot easier. One thing though is the web page doesn't span all the way across the screen, this could be due to the high resolution of the iPad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Like the new look, but switched back, can't live without the 'new posts' button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Could there be an option built in where you could see if any of your posts were quoted to be able to reply to them rather than having to reread a full thread?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Strange it's working for me , I'm using the iPad 3 and browsing on the tablet is a hell of a lot easier. One thing though is the web page doesn't span all the way across the screen, this could be due to the high resolution of the iPad
    Ya I'm on the iPad 3 as well. Notice that about page too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Type: Feature Suggestion
    Issue: Get rid of the "thank you for logging in" message
    Browser & OS: Windows 7, Google Chrome

It always annoys me when I login to boards that it brings up a message saying "thanks for logging in" and then a delay before it goes to the main page. I wish it would just log me in and be done with it. I know I can click on the link on that "thank you" page but I shouldn't have to.

I'm guessing though this might be more of an underlying architecture change of vBulletin or whatever the actual forum technology is based on so it might be outside your control.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

Breadcrumbs sticking to top of screen on scrolling = helpful.

Rest of header sticking to top of screen = not so much.

Transparency of breadcrumb bar not good... text gets messy when over other text. If you made that bar totally opaque, not sure you'd be losing anything. Seems like transparency for the sake of it.

Need colour options for darker background etc... the white is too bright.

Narrower spacing for lists of new posts/subscribed threads, PLEASE!

Fix those tabs too (minor aesthetics).

Windows 7, Firefox 13.0.1

As is... too white and too wide:
    boards-new-screen1.png

Same screen real-estate with lower contrast, narrower line spacing, fixed tabs:
    boards-new-screen2.png

(from 8 in the list to 18 in the same space... big difference... ok, I may have exaggerated a tad, but you get the idea).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

It works well technically but its very bright with all that white :eek:. and ditto with the wideness feel and blockyness.
    I find the old model calmer and more pleasant to deal with ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Not going to use the new Beta -- Its frightening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

G-Money wrote: »
    Type: Feature Suggestion
    Issue: Get rid of the "thank you for logging in" message
    Browser & OS: Windows 7, Google Chrome

It always annoys me when I login to boards that it brings up a message saying "thanks for logging in" and then a delay before it goes to the main page. I wish it would just log me in and be done with it. I know I can click on the link on that "thank you" page but I shouldn't have to.

I'm guessing though this might be more of an underlying architecture change of vBulletin or whatever the actual forum technology is based on so it might be outside your control.

That is already well in hand. A new registration and login process will be our next major change. No more "Thank you for signing in" page.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Layout:

The sub-forum section of the A/R/T forum is far too big. I'm guessing it's the same with any other forum that has sub-forums on here. It takes up too much space and the font looks too big and take up too much real estate, especially with the white toolbar along the top, thicker boards.ie toolbar and that see-through toolbar there now too.

Windows 7, Google Chrome, 1280 x 800 resolution on a laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,503 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Love it,like being in an apple store:cool: Very shlick and shtylish....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

will we have the option to change it back to the old skin please?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Like the new look, but switched back, can't live without the 'new posts' button.

I know it's not really the same, but you could bookmark that link. That's what I've done to get around the disappearance of the 'New Posts' button.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

The very bottom of the forum index (Menu -> Boards.ie -> Forum Index). There's a link there to mark all forums read above the "What's Going On?" box :)

Ah. So I tried this and it actually made things worse! I marked all forums read and it now tells me I have 5 followed threads with notifications. I had around that many beforehand (think it was six).

So I think this is still a bug unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

BBDBB wrote: »
    will we have the option to change it back to the old skin please?

First post...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Terrible, absolutely terrible! Why change something that isn't broken?!!! It's akin to the Facebook changes... :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No more "Thank you for signing in" page.

I often wondered why VB done that all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Here's an idea...why not just leave the site the way it is?

I'm sick of websites changing all the time...just leave us with what we are familiar with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,424 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Bif of feedback for ye... I've just posted a few thigns here an dthere in AH, an when it redirects me back to the thread, whatever I just poste down not show up! It does apear tio be acceptign the post, but going back to the last version of the thread befoer I posted.

might be somethign to do with my cache, but it didn;t do this before the change.

EDIT - Sod's law - just updated perfectly there.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement