Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updated look for the site.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Notifications aren't working atm.. :\ I love them though! Overall I love the theme, it's a fresh look for the site and it's not too different.

I guess we'll have the moaners! However all they have to do is change back :P Great job guys! Fix the notifications though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

If somebody has a long username it messes up the page and you need to scroll across to view the rest of a post. Not a major deal but a bit annoying. :)

41364786.png

EDIT: Sorry. I didn't realise somebody had already mentioned this on the previous page!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Love the new theme but where are the sub-forums? You can only search for what you know exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

jaqian wrote: »
    Love the new theme but where are the sub-forums? You can only search for what you know exists.

Click on the down arrows in the menus. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Ya I like the look which surprises me normally I'm very resistant to change. You got lucky

Works a treat so far really prefer the newer bar with the forums to the old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭GOODME

can't see list of forum and sub forums. need to be clearly seen to help for starting threads etc

ok just saw them on top, not really easily visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Just tested it again, and it does look nice. The only problem is that I'm forced to scroll horizontally to read all posts, with a viewport resolution of 939x558.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who doesn't run their browser fullscreen... so if that layout problem gets fixed, it'd be pretty decent.

• Administrators Posts: 53,842 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

awec wrote: »
    Feature request:

On other forums I use, user posted images (posted using the img bb codes) are shown at an absolute max size no matter what size the original image is. If for example the site admin decides images can't be more than 800 wide even if a user posts an image of 1600 wide it still only shows at 800.

Presumably this is done with the height/width html attributes or something along those lines, but it's a useful feature to prevent annoying page layout breaks and there is no real reason a user needs to post huge images (and if they do they can just link!).

Here is a screenshot of this in action:

resized.PNG

Something like that on boards would be great. If you click the yellow bar the full size image opens in a new tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Very minor irritant: if I use "Mark this forum read" and subsequently use the "My Forums" button, it doesn't reflect that I've marked that forum as read and still shows the asterisk beside that forum.

I'm pretty certain it's that way on the old skins too but it'd be a nice feature to refresh the menu each time it's hovered over rather than when the page you're on is loaded...

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Click on the down arrows in the menus. :)

Thanks, I would but there is none in sports...
    picture.php?albumid=394&pictureid=13279

Type: Bug
    Issue: as above
    Browser & OS: Linux Mint LXDE | Chrome Version 19.0.1084.46

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

That's because the Sports Forum doesn't have any sub-fora. You have the entire Sports category open in your image with all of its fora and their sub-fora visible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

What forum are you looking for ? There is no Sports subforum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Thanks, I would but there is none in sports...snip

What am I missing - the down arrows are in your screenshot? Just click them and the sub fora appear.

juke wrote: »
    What am I missing - the down arrows are in your screenshot? Just click them and the sub fora appear.

He meant that there's no down arrow for the Sports forum not the Sports category.

Mainly because there are no sub forums for the Sports forum.

Never mind obviously time for me bed :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Sorry badly worded. Where are the lists of fora under sports?

You can see them all in the image you posted above. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Love the new design. Great job!

If someone told me we were upgrading from this (the beta) to the old skin I'd be all "hell yeah!!". I do like the beta though. There is something warmer about the current one. Maybe that's just nostalgia.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,533 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Jaysus, the new design is brutal.

Sorry badly worded. Where are the lists of fora under sports?

You can see them all in the image you posted above. :confused:

Couldn't see the wood for the trees as they say . Defo time for me bed. Night all :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

HOw do you change back? I dont like change!

Edit found it - The person who can up with that skin shout be fired on the spot!!!

yabadabado wrote: »
    Jaysus, the new design is brutal.
    Oranage2 wrote: »
    HOw do you change back? I dont like change!

Edit found it - The person who can up with that skin shout be fired on the spot!!!

Awesome feedback, lads. Quality, thought-provoking stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Just since it hasn't been mentioned much recently, I logged back in this evening prepared to give the new skin a chance but seriously the contrast is horrific. I simply cannot handle the white on a latpop without dimming the screen completely and I'm still bailing out before I normally would because I can't handle the headache its giving me.

Just a heads up guys,

This isn't a "diss the theme" forum :lol:

They are looking for bugs, etc.. Even though it's the feedback forum, quit the negativity!

If ye don't like it change back to the old one and shoosh!

Personally I love it, about time we saw a new theme :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Ooh, I love the new design - well done! I never understood the "Follow Thread" function before but it's clear to me now and I'm using it the whole time, it's far more easily accesible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

after a few days of using the new skin, I have2 issues. 1. the top menu. The menu itself is too wide, the old one only took up around 60% of the screen and was centered. this new one looks very dated in my opinion.

2, the number beside your user name is the number of threads you are following, where as in the old system it was the number of private messages. The number of PMs a user has is more important than the amount of threads followed.

hope this helps!
    Frank.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

The new look is looking great on my tablet, goob job Boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Used the skin now for a few days and I think it's great.

Only criticism I have would be that the homepage looks "old". Looks really big and empty.

Great job on it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Boards.ie: Tony

Hi All,

Sorry for the lack of feedback from me yesterday, I was out of the office most of the day. I can only say Thanks for the feedback from you guys and we are listening and taking on board your concerns.

In case you missed what Paddy said HERE. We will be doing the following in an 'experimental' sense. That is, we're going to add these features, but for the moment, until the skin is bug free, we can't focus to much on them (obviously, if they are completely broken, it'll be addressed)
    We will be offering an option to set the page width to 100% rather than the 1400px cap. We will also be offering an option for a "Compact" layout which will reduce padding on posts and thread lists
    We will also be adding the ability to select themes which will initially be a grey variant and black variant.

We will also be offering the ability to control what items are counted in your notification counter, so people can disable the notification for followed threads.

These options, in addition to the "Disable sticky header" will all be available on a single page accessible from the user menu.

A link to "New Posts" will be added to the Boards.ie menu.

And finally, I'll say it again, we are not turning off the old skins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

One issue: beside my name on the top right corner it displays "1" for Followed Threads, even though there are no new posts in any of my followed threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement