Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powered USB Hub

Options
  • 27-06-2012 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a powered USB Hub that will charge my Touchpad, One X, HTC Desire, X-Mini etc. at the same time as if they were all plugged into the mains? I have the separate cables for them but it's just a bit of a pain plugging them all into A/C sockets all the time. I know I could plug them into a laptop or pc but it seems to take ages to charge when I do that. Is there a USB that will give 'max power' to multiple devices? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Something like this is your best bet I would imagine. Amazon have various others to choose from or this one from ebay.

I just pulled those ones at random from a search of "multi usb charger" so have a trawl through what's available to find the ones with the best spec. for you.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

hi Grif,

I am looking for one too.

Q - if I use the HP TP charger - and plug that usb into the hub - will that power it up, or does it have to be mains lead thats supplied.

Want to cut down on chargers/cables for transport.

Edit - while both above look great - I'm not sure that they are hubs. so if I connect my Tp to one and a usb pen to another - will I be able to copy/paste or play from that pen-drive !!!!

k

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

karltimber wrote: »
    hi Grif,

I am looking for one too.

Q - if I use the HP TP charger - and plug that usb into the hub - will that power it up, or does it have to be mains lead thats supplied.

Want to cut down on chargers/cables for transport.

k

This might help you Karl.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Hi,

the main problem with any of these hubs etc is the amp's supplied.

The TP needs 2amp for to charge properly - hence why your usb (500ma) connection will not kick it off from low - it'll only trickle charge it.
    Or a non-hp charger will not work (usually only 1amp)

But if you have a fully charged TP and a slim hub like above - this should supply
    500ma for each usb port - enough to connect a pen drive, usb hd or phone.
    and then use the tp - connected to the hub - to move files etc.

might get a hub and try it out.

K

Advertisement