Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Guards in Ireland

• 27-06-2012 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭

I was reading a thrend today and it got me thinking about the guards in ireland,
    Do you feel they are not strong enough to cope with drunks on a night out. I see it so many times, 2 guards walking down a road and a ground of drunks walk past and give them abuse/ act the maggot only for the guards to keep walking or just laugh. did anyone see the video of the students abusing the ban guard in galway? it was a joke!
    does anyone find this a bit outstanding, i know in england, US and Oz the police take on ****, you act up your in teh drunk tank for the night and pay a fine on release(make u think twice about acting up again)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

I think they have a tough job. I think that if I was wearing a wooly jumper, slacks,shoes and I only had a small baton to defend myself then I would be thinking twice about interuspting a fight between a bunch of drunken knacks on the streat. I would sooner let them beet the **** out of each other.

However if was wearing combats, a padded jacket, a helmet with visor, **** kicker boots and had various combat weapons then I would feel comfortable taking on the scum.

If you look at their training compared to other countries I think there is more of a defensive approach than an offensive approach. Having lived in the US for a while I noticed the cops over there and also in the Uk and some parts of Europe are more proactive in tacking anti social behaviour, domestic violence and general thuggery. Maybe because they are better equipped to do so??

Im sure they are as frustrated as you are with not being able to do something about it.

Dont blame the play, blame the game!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Kev_2012 wrote: »

Isn't he the one that runs away from his own rats? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I think a lot of them are too small they have no presence on the street

Advertisement