Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation around Summercove/Haven Hill. Kinsale.

Options
  • 27-06-2012 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Could anyone advise on the above please?
    I'm planning on a surprise night away for the girlfriend and I. We have visited the area before but never stayed here.
    I've tried online but there is a very definite lack of (advertised) B&B's, guesthouses, etc around here. I've been looking specifically around the Bulman/harbour area.

Any help greatly appreciated!

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 B1G Al

B1G Al wrote: »
    I'm planning on a surprise night away for the girlfriend and I. We have visited the area before but never stayed here.
    I've tried online but there is a very definite lack of (advertised) B&B's, guesthouses, etc around here. I've been looking specifically around the Bulman/harbour area.

I've looking at this area on google earth and its just occured to me that this might be like trying to find a nice B&B in Killiney or somewhere of that kind :)

Edit: I've just found out there are B&B's in Killiney! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭donalh087

There really is very little that side of town. Find something in town and befriend a taxi man. It's only a fiver across to the Bulman.

donalh087 wrote: »
    There really is very little that side of town. Find something in town and befriend a taxi man. It's only a fiver across to the Bulman.

Anywhere you'd recommend for a romantic night away thats not going to break the bank?

To be honest I'm not a fan of B&B's - I don't really want to stay in someones home. I like the Pier House http://www.pierhousekinsale.com/ or Blindgate House http://www.blindgatehouse.com/accommodation-kinsale/ but probably because I like both owners. Both would tick the romantic box though. The Old Bank House is nice and they have some deals http://www.oldbankhousekinsale.com/SpecialOffers.aspx

None, I'm afraid are that light on the pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

There are a few very nice large B&Bs next to the Rugby club. The area is called Snugmore and a really short walk to Summercove.

• Advertisement

Folks, thanks very much for your ideas.
    I took donalh087's suggestion and booked into The Old Bank House. I dealt with a very helpful lady there by the name of Lynne (spelling?) and she gave us a very nice double at a reduced rate (which I didn't realise until after we'd left).
    If anyone is interested, I proposed to my girlfriend on the peer across the road from the Bulman. Luckily she said 'Yes' and we spent a very nice evening around the town.
    I would recommend Kinsale to anyone who is thinking of taking a short break in West Cork.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Folks, thanks very much for your ideas.
    I took donalh087's suggestion and booked into The Old Bank House. I dealt with a very helpful lady there by the name of Lynne (spelling?) and she gave us a very nice double at a reduced rate (which I didn't realise until after we'd left).
    If anyone is interested, I proposed to my girlfriend on the peer across the road from the Bulman. Luckily she said 'Yes' and we spent a very nice evening around the town.
    I would recommend Kinsale to anyone who is thinking of taking a short break in West Cork.

Thanks again!

congratulations and what a lovely spot to pop the question. Well done Big Al. Maybe Kinsale for the honeymoon too?!

I'm delighted Al - congratulations.

Thanks everyone! No idea of whats going to happen next but we'll definitely be returning to Kinsale on a regular basis!

Advertisement