Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rabbis sucking new born penis

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,276 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

leincar wrote: »
    Off course this thread was started by someone who seems to admire the neo-nazi Golden dawn party in Greece.

Nuff said.

Blowjobs for babies or you're an anti semite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Havov

I wondered is the suction is not merely cleaning the wound as circumcision is done for quite a while. Saliva acting as an antiseptic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Off course this thread was started by someone who seems to admire the neo-nazi Golden dawn party in Greece.

Nuff said.

Nice try at diverting attention away from those gobjobbing kids. :rolleyes:

Master of the Universe

Havov wrote: »
    I wondered is the suction is not merely cleaning the wound as circumcision is done for quite a while. Saliva acting as an antiseptic.

Well then spit it in a bowl and clean it with that ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Havov wrote: »
    Saliva acting as an antiseptic.
    One of the most bacterial infested parts of the body as an antiseptic?

• Site Banned Posts: 116 ✭✭DERPY HOOFS

Our own priests are worse so we cant judge

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 johnjoe7

Is this practice common among Jews in Ireland?

Nope, just stealing money through the banking system and corrupting our minds with liberalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

It should be peni, and not penises :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

lol.. surely the outrage should stem from the fact that genital mutilation is still so common in certain religions. Really, the whole sucking of the already mutilated toddler's willy is minor in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

im amazed people didn't know this already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,037 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Samich wrote: »
    It should be peni, and not penises :)

Plural of penis is penises or penes (just as plural of testis is testes).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

This is fun.
    Gets popcorn.

Checks it really is popcorn and not really dried baby foreskins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Stark wrote: »
    Plural of penis is penises or penes

I'm never gonna be able to eat that pasta again. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

at least Catholics try and hide their child abuse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Dubious in terms of hygiene etc, but its hardly sexual abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

sucking on baby penieseses is wrong end of story

They don't go out cruising for them.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

A baby could be eternally cool as fûck, all it would take is a wee at the right moment.

davet82 wrote: »

Circumcisions being carried out on babies for religious reasons is wrong. There's no defending it imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

A baby could be eternally cool as fûck, all it would take is a wee at the right moment.

not sure weeing would be on their priority list when they've just had a bit of skin cut off with a razor without anaesthetic to be fair

Master of the Universe

Our own priests are worse so we cant judge

You do realize you can judge both, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

You want more proof?

<snip>

Snip??
    Please tell me I'm not the only one who laughed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

davet82 wrote: »

You wouldn't say that if you were a baby.

Nodin wrote: »
    Dubious in terms of hygiene etc, but its hardly sexual abuse.

You're right.. it's just plain old physical abuse. Thankfully people (courts) are copping on to that now.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/9358636/Jewish-groups-condemn-courts-definition-of-circumcision-as-grievous-bodily-harm.html

An individuals right to bodily integrity > someone else's right to religious freedom

You wouldn't say that if you were a baby.

whats the story with female rabbis before i answer that :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

The Muslamics do it too*

*maybe not the sucking bit but the chopping, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

She?

That's exactly what I meant madame.

lol, no I didn't.

I can't be arsed to do it myself, but if you tried I'd be surprised if you find that information on google.

But you fire away if you wish.

Circumcisions being carried out on babies for religious reasons is wrong. There's no defending it imo.

Totally agree, they can do all the snipping and sucking when they're over 18 until then...

HEY RABBIS, LEAVE THEM KIDS ALONE!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

biko wrote: »
    Will this be another thread where a small number of religious zealots cause grief for a larger number of less strict people from the same group?

Grief in the form of mild, indirect teasing over the internet - haven't these people suffered enough?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

lol, no I didn't.

I can't be arsed to do it myself, but if you tried I'd be surprised if you find that information on google.

But you fire away if you wish.

I'm not really bothered, was just dicking around.

Hangover = Devilment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

o1s1n wrote: »
    Blowjobs for babies or you're an anti semite?
    That person is talking about how the starter of this thread is misrepresenting Jews in general - this is practised by an orthodox minority, it is not a mainstream Jewish custom.

They're not blow jobs either - a blow job is sexual. There's an obsession with paedophilia to the point of looking for/finding it where it isn't. It's a strange practice and I don't like it (I agree the comment about how we can't criticise it just because of priests who abused here makes absolutely no sense whatsoever) but just because it's genitalia doesn't mean it's done for sexual kicks.

I thought we'd agreed to limit minority bashing to women anyway.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

And Ginger's!.

And if there's any BJ's going for ginger's I'll happily give my todger for it!.

Master of the Universe

Onixx wrote: »
    That person is talking about how the starter of this thread is misrepresenting Jews in general - this is practised by an orthodox minority, it is not a mainstream Jewish custom.

To me it looked like someone trying to fob off discussion of a weird practice (even if it is by an orthodox minority) with claims of antisemitism.

So we have now confirmed that it isn't practiced by the majority of Jews (I'm pretty sure nobody in the thread thought that anyway) - can we continue discussing how weird and repulsive it is?

Regarding the sexual comment - what is and what is not sexual varies from person to person. It is obviously not intended to be a sexual act, but it's not exactly a long stretch to assume that an act where someone puts someone's genitalia in their mouth could be sexual. I hardly think that's an obsession with looking for paedophilia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

To me it looked like someone trying to fob off discussion of a weird practice (even if it is by an orthodox minority) with claims of antisemitism.

So we have now confirmed that it isn't practiced by the majority of Jews (I'm pretty sure nobody in the thread thought that anyway) - can we continue discussing how weird and repulsive it is?

Regarding the sexual comment - what is and what is not sexual varies from person to person. It is obviously not intended to be a sexual act, but it's not exactly a long stretch to assume that an act where someone puts someone's genitalia in their mouth could be sexual. I hardly think that's an obsession with looking for paedophilia?

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not fobbing off anything. However I resent a thread started by a guy who is extremely sympathetic to Golden Dawn, a party that is anti-semitic, anti-moslem and anti immigrant, who also manages to drag up a seven year old article.

So he just happened upon it.

My wife is Jewish, my daughters are Jewish so my anti-semite radar is very much alive and right now its giving off alarm bells.

As to the article itself, of course its bloody ridiculous that this practice still exists. You will find that Reformist Jews like my wife would never countenance it under any circumstances even if we had, had boys.

The vast majority of Orthodox Judaism while going along with a Mohel performing a circumcision woulf never dream of the Metzitzah b'pel practice. It is a tiny minority of Hasidic Jews in Jerusalem and New York who engage in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not fobbing off anything. However I resent a thread started by a guy who is extremely sympathetic to Golden Dawn, a party that is anti-semitic, anti-moslem and anti immigrant, who also manages to drag up a seven year old article.

So he just happened upon it.

My wife is Jewish, my daughters are Jewish so my anti-semite radar is very much alive and right now its giving off alarm bells.

As to the article itself, of course its bloody ridiculous that this practice still exists. You will find that Reformist Jews like my wife would never countenance it under any circumstances even if we had, had boys.

The vast majority of Orthodox Judaism while going along with a Mohel performing a circumcision woulf never dream of the Metzitzah b'pel practice. It is a tiny minority of Hasidic Jews in Jerusalem and New York who engage in this.
    So you are totally against the sucking of the penis, but I assume you're still 'ok' with part of the penis being cut off (and with no choice made by the boy)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Jesus. That Israeli bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

One of the rare occasions Im glad to be a catholic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

So you are totally against the sucking of the penis, but I assume you're still 'ok' with part of the penis being cut off (and with no choice made by the boy)?

No I'm not okay with it. Its an awful thing to happen. Then again I'm an atheist so I think all religion sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

Sorry, women are a majority not a minority. Let's pick on real minorities like small farmers, or honest politicians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

As an Irish Jew I think it's pretty safe to say on behalf of everyone: this does not happen here. Ever. Full stop.

I always find it amusing how much attention Jews get on this forum in proportion to how many Jews are actually living on the island. Also strange how people act as if Jews are the only people who circumcise, when there's a sizable Muslim community here who do the exact same thing- in some countries such as Malaysia and Turkey they sometimes even wait until the boy is quite old which makes the whole process all the more traumatic. Not to defend circumcision itself- personally, I feel that while it may have served a purpose back in the day when people bathed a few times a month, it's pretty redundant in modern times...

But yeah, lame attempt for the OP to bitch about Jews is lame. What happened- run out of Israel threads?

Oy vey!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I don't remember agreeing to that :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Dr.Strange

What are your views on religiously fueled circumcisions in general?

Far be it from me to speak on Siuin's behalf but I think she answered that already by saying it is now redundant.

Hi Siuin :)

Dr.Strange wrote: »
    Far be it from me to speak on Siuin's behalf but I think she answered that already by saying it is now redundant.

Hi Siuin :)

Yeah, I had withdrawn the question. I misread her post and thought she was referring specifically to the type of process outlined in the OP

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 69 ✭✭Invader_Zimmy

I present the truth and people flash the anti-semite card.

You didnt present it very objectively though.

Well genital mutilation is not sexual, it is abuse though, custom or not. Ditto this.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

He's telling a story but not the way it's correctly understood .Leaving out an important line to make it attractive to fools .It has to be carefully told and i'll look into it and get back later but my policy is to avoid serious religious discussion on boards.ie because it's a place of entertainment for many and serious religion i won't usually do with rare exceptions . Boards.ie is an Arena for Rows more often but not serious discussion i won't be drawn if i so wish .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Dr.Strange

paddyandy wrote: »
    He's telling a story but not the way it's correctly understood .Leaving out an important line to make it attractive to fools .It has to be carefully told and i'll look into it and get back later but my policy is to avoid serious religious discussion on boards.ie because it's a place of entertainment for many and serious religion i won't usually do with rare exceptions . Boards.ie is an Arena for Rows more often but not serious discussion i won't be drawn if i so wish .

Well said ,I look forward to you getting back on this after you look into it thanks!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement