Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rabbis sucking new born penis

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

Its sad that three babies have died from (it would seem) cross contamination from the mohel carrying out the procedure.

But its just a religious ritual of sucking blood from the wound and not something sexual.

There is a very old tradition among members of the traveling community here whereby a father would suck the blood from/of a dead child so as to make the child live on in him, litle practiced now I believe.
    I like Google too.

You don't need google for such things.

That famous traveller recently was on TV and admitted to doing the same thing. On the late late show. So a fair bit of Ireland would have known without google.

See here @ 12:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

I present the truth and people flash the anti-semite card.

Your claims of "truth" are suspect, don't be so quick to act the victim.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

I've read all the posts and the Clowns are here in force so i'll not bother also there are plenty of Kosher Websites that will explain far better than i can .This thread is more fit to discuss bugs bunny's antics .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,715 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Here Hilary Clinton talks about the practice of female genital mutilation FGM, on zero tolerance for female genital mutilation day (yes they have a day for that).

She has no problem condemning the practices taking place in far off African villages but not a peep about the the practices of some of her campaign sponsors when running for the senate in New York.

I accept that this practice is carried out by a small minority of members of the Jewish religion but the number affected by FGM within the US is probably comparable.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭leincar

I present the truth and people flash the anti-semite card.

I got the measure of you on a thread about the Greek neo-nazi party 'Golden Dawn' a couple of weeks ago.

You are anti-semitic, anti-muslim, anti-black, anti illegal immigration and anti-legal immigration.

From what I have read on some of your posts you only like white working class people.

In another thread which was closed on 'Black people in your area' you had the nearve to describe a Black woman's child as a 'Mulatto'.

In another thread in Humanities you expressed your admiration for Anders Behring Brevik. You also express your admiration of political hard men like Pinochet or Putin.

I come back to a post I posted earlier today. You managed to trawl the net and come up with a seven year old story about a practice that is practiced by a tiny minority of the Hasidic Jewish community.

There are probably 17 million Jews on the planet of which maybe 2 million are Hasidic, of which a tiny proportion are involved in this practice. It is wrong and within the larger Jewish community it disappeared many years ago, yet this was your scoop of the day.

Work away on what you believe, but don't be surprised when people pick you up on what you say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Siuin wrote: »
    As an Irish Jew I think it's pretty safe to say on behalf of everyone: this does not happen here. Ever. Full stop.

I always find it amusing how much attention Jews get on this forum in proportion to how many Jews are actually living on the island. Also strange how people act as if Jews are the only people who circumcise, when there's a sizable Muslim community here who do the exact same thing- in some countries such as Malaysia and Turkey they sometimes even wait until the boy is quite old which makes the whole process all the more traumatic. Not to defend circumcision itself- personally, I feel that while it may have served a purpose back in the day when people bathed a few times a month, it's pretty redundant in modern times...

But yeah, lame attempt for the OP to bitch about Jews is lame. What happened- run out of Israel threads?

Oy vey!!

I think the reason is the same as to why America gets such a hard time. Very good at playing the victim, and yet not very good at respecting the rights of others. Granted, I'm talking about Israel here, but that country is very much the 'poster child' for Judaism.

For the record, I detest all religions equally.

• Site Banned Posts: 69 ✭✭Invader_Zimmy

leincar wrote: »
    I got the measure of you on a thread about the Greek neo-nazi party 'Golden Dawn' a couple of weeks ago.

You are anti-semitic, anti-muslim, anti-black, anti illegal immigration and anti-legal immigration.

From what I have read on some of your posts you only like white working class people.

In another thread which was closed on 'Black people in your area' you had the nearve to describe a Black woman's child as a 'Mulatto'.

In another thread in Humanities you expressed your admiration for Anders Behring Brevik. You also express your admiration of political hard men like Pinochet or Putin.

I come back to a post I posted earlier today. You managed to trawl the net and come up with a seven year old story about a practice that is practiced by a tiny minority of the Hasidic Jewish community.

There are probably 17 million Jews on the planet of which maybe 2 million are Hasidic, of which a tiny proportion are involved in this practice. It is wrong and within the larger Jewish community it disappeared many years ago, yet this was your scoop of the day.

Work away on what you believe, but don't be surprised when people pick you up on what you say.

I believe in what is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I think the reason is the same as to why America gets such a hard time. Very good at playing the victim, and yet not very good at respecting the rights of others. Granted, I'm talking about Israel here, but that country is very much the 'poster child' for Judaism.

It's about as representative of Judaism as Saudi is of catholicism.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Haha, legends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

suomi wrote: »
    Anyone else think that the thread title said rabbit, not rabbis, and thought the thread was about a peadophile bunny?
    Haha yes!

Me too. Newborns with mxyomatosis! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Our own priests are worse so we cant judge

Their not my priests :confused:

Plus as pointed out you can judge both.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

what the fu ...

Thats mental!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

I can see how a long time ago some Rabbis thought that might be a hygienic way to clean a wound. Old rituals die hard.

I am more disturbed by the travellers eating their dead babies guts. I mean I heard people saying they eat their young but I didn't think it was literal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭brimal

Very good at playing the victim, and yet not very good at respecting the rights of others. Granted, I'm talking about Israel here, but that country is very much the 'poster child' for Judaism.

What a load of bollocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I'll never understand the bizarre grip religion can have on otherwise averagely intelligent logical people.

- Oh look, there's a sick fcuk old man mutilating and fellating your previously perfect infant...... Yeah - I'm paying for that and I bought all my relatives along to see :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Actually, I strongly believe that Judaism outside of Israel is much more authentic and in line with the ideals Judaism espouses than that of Israel which has in many respects become politicised. In Israel people are put in set catagories and this is communicated by superficial external indicators rather than their morality or beliefs. The kippa, for example, has taken on a whole new purpose of identifying political affiliations which was never its intended purpose. Same goes for many other aspects of the religion. I dislike how in Israel people are forced to identify themselves so strictly- in the diaspora Judaism is much more fluid and allows people to explore and adopt certain practices and beliefs without the pressure to label themselves. That's not to bash Israel, it's just different and (in my opinion) they really suffer spiritually and lose out on many really wonderful traditions by adopting an 'all or nothing' attitude.

Also, FYI regarding Jews as being "Very good at playing the victim, and yet not very good at respecting the rights of others" - complete bull. It actually shows very well how little you know about the Jewish religion or mindset.
    Great to see you're so open minded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Not as many as I expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

kowloon wrote: »
    Not as many as I expected.
    It's difficult to get figures for how many Jews there are on the planet since even Jews can't reach a conclusion on who's considered Jewish and not, but 17 million it seems like a good ballpark figure. If not for the holocaust, it's said that there would be about 32 million. (http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/news/how-many-jews-would-there-be-if-not-for-the-holocaust-1.274315) - of course, if one was to factor in all the various pogroms and massacres throughout the centuries, who knows how many there would be.

Mozzletoff
    **** off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 nevsky

Game, set, and match methinks. Great post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Fellating mutilated babies in the name of your imaginary friend?
    Jew must be joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭The Israeli

As it is written in Wikipedia, the reason behind sucking was/is revealing hidden hemorrhages that can't be seen due to the shrinking of a muscle in the area, or the blood clotting in the area that can lead to necrosis. Not the common belief that it's done for sterilizing the area.
    In the end, it's a bit crazy, all the thing.
    In Israel some people do it the traditional way with regular circumcizers, some prefer circumcizers that have a medical certificate, some do it in hospitals (not accordingly to the religious laws), and a little but growing minority prefer not to do it at all.
    The circumcision is still a very significant custom that defines who is Jewish, and not undergoing it is still kinda a taboo even among secular Jews, but I believe that with time it will be very legitimate for parents to decide not to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Apologies. This really should've been locked after the OP got site banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement