Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel insurance

Options
  • 27-06-2012 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi guys
    I'm heading to Sydney in August for a year so just wondering if it is actuallh worth my while getting travel insurance???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Rightadvice

Hi,

I would def recomend getting backpackers insurance for the year as this will cover you for medical expenses, lost luggage, legal fees, missed/delayed departure etc while your away. a couple of sites I have seen are offering it for about €150 but you might be able to get it cheaper if you shop around. VHI also offer a policy (if you currently have VHI)

Regards,

Robert

• Registered Users Posts: 35 debs1

Hi,

I would def recomend getting backpackers insurance for the year as this will cover you for medical expenses, lost luggage, legal fees, missed/delayed departure etc while your away. a couple of sites I have seen are offering it for about €150 but you might be able to get it cheaper if you shop around. VHI also offer a policy (if you currently have VHI)

Regards,

Robert

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bogwarryor

Don't waste your money if your going to be static in Australia - unless you plan on going to the doctors often.

You should be covered as Ireland & Australia have an agreement - you can go to the outpatients in any hospital & be seen for free (xrays anything), only problem is the queue is longer than a gp.

Advertisement