Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mrs Browns Boys Premiers on 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Gregsor wrote: »
    At last some good homegrown humour on the telly,just started tonight on 7,great show.

sorry, but Mrs. Brown is not good homegrown humour.

perhaps i'm the odd one out, but i've never liked Brendan O'Carroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

I think it is awful too. I always liked Brendan O'Carroll in standup at his dirty, filthy best. Dressed up as a woman though just doesn't do it for me.

It's actually almost enmbarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Of all the material we've produced it's this bollox that gets picked up for tv. Couldn't believe it when I saw the ad last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

At last some good homegrown humour on the telly,just started tonight on 7,great show.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/06/mrs-browns-boys-coming-to-seven.html

Seeing a Brennans bread sliced pan in the opening scenes left me longing!

Surely you mean imported humour as you are in Australia. Do you have any Tayto crisps left? ;)

mike65 wrote: »
    Do you have any Tayto crisps left? ;)

down the international isle in woolies actually, along with the club orange and mikado :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ha! fair play, at least they know their market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Have it and keep it! And keep Vogue and Brian too!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

O Connor is to the same target market of Dubs as D'Unbelieveables and Tommy Tiernan are to the same target market of country folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

At least on Wednesday nights Northbridge, St Kilda and Bondi will all fall silent for an hour.

I have yet to see it but I will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I didnt watch it when I was in Ireland and wont watch it here either but from chatting to the locals in work last Thursday they all loved it. They were raving about it and the most common comment... 'I was pissing myself laughing'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Gregsor

mike65 wrote: »
    Surely you mean imported humour as you are in Australia. Do you have any Tayto crisps left? ;)

Home as in my Home as in Ireland as i am Irish and yes i am imported too ;).

As for Tayto and Mcfadden and Vogue?you can bin them!

I get a laugh from it in the midweek and no i never got to watch it in Ireland and probably just didn't bother but now i feel more inclined to watch it and can relate to some of the gags in it coming from that part of the world and it's an alternative view to what is on offer on the tv which i enjoy.

Anyone catch Michael Mcintyres Comedy Roadshow the other week it was in the Olympia theater and Mr Tiernan was on,was a good laugh.

As for Tayto .. you can bin them!

father_ted_down_with_this_sort_of_thing.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

In fairness I'd rather watch Ms browns Boys then 'please marry my boy' or any off the other muck they show on Aussie TV..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I watched that it was not bad, quite funny to be honest.

As people have said a lot worse tripe on TV

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭ObviouslyJesus

australian tv is dire, wall to wall 'talent' shows,‘celebs’ skating on ice, brian mcfaddens fat hairy mush appearing on every second bus, his girlfriend opening boxes on deal or no deal and now this jackeen tit embarrassing the nation. Sums up Aussie entertainment to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Yeah all the free to air stations spend most of their budget on sport. Even sport is chocked full of ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

hussey wrote: »
    Yeah all the free to air stations spend most of their budget on sport. Even sport is chocked full of ads.

Best station on FTA is SBS and ABC. Most of the other stuff is rubbish apart from some NFL on ONE HD! ;)

In fairness, I dont mind it. The only TV I watch now a days is good TV that I choose to watch (Modern family, Sons of Anarchy, Good Wife etc..). I allow myself a few vices in watching Amazing Race and MKR. Other than that I am begining to get back in the habit of reading rather than spending hours gawping at some twat singing on TV. On my 3rd book so far this week! Win Win!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

australian tv is dire, wall to wall 'talent' shows,‘celebs’ skating on ice, brian mcfaddens fat hairy mush appearing on every second bus, his girlfriend opening boxes on deal or no deal and now this jackeen tit embarrassing the nation. Sums up Aussie entertainment to be fair

Mr. High and Mighty,

Jackeen tit just won a BAFTA in the UK and is now PROVEN to be one of the best Irish comedians of his generation. If you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all. Jackeen tit, me arse and that's being polite!! Go and contribute to a forum more suited to your comments, like after hours or very rural Ireland affairs.
    Sorry, Hussey, very very fumed!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

The adverts killed me so I don't think I will watch it in future, on tv at least. I saw abc online had it as a pre-order for $28.00, think I might use this option.

• Advertisement

seipeal1 wrote: »
    Mr. High and Mighty,

Jackeen tit just won a BAFTA in the UK and is now PROVEN to be one of the best Irish comedians of his generation. If you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all. Jackeen tit, me arse and that's being polite!! Go and contribute to a forum more suited to your comments, like after hours or very rural Ireland affairs.
    Sorry, Hussey, very very fumed!

jackeen tit sympathiser

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

Easy to partition views that are opposed to your own. Remind you of anythin sinister in the last 20 years in Ireland? Get a life ( and preferably not here where decent people feel they need to indulge you). look forward to not meeting you in Ireland.

jackeen tit sympathiser

seipeal1 wrote: »
    Easy to partition views that are opposed to your own. Remind you of anythin sinister in the last 20 years in Ireland? Get a life ( and preferably not here where decent people feel they need to indulge you). look forward to not meeting you in Ireland.
    you're comparing the troubles to people thinking brendan carroll is nothing more than an unfunny west brit . jesus :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod Enough you two. Or next one is a red. And enough of these 'jackeen' and 'west brit' jibes, it's insulting

Advertisement