Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grasslin Towerchron QE2 timer issue

Options
  • 27-06-2012 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

I have just moved into a new apartment and have aGrasslin Towerchron QE2 timer in the kitchen. I can manage to operate and set the timer fine, but the water does not appear to be heating when ether the timer program comes on and the red light goes on, or when I try it on constant or boost. I have had to resort to manually switch on the immersion switch beside the water tank in the hot press to heat the water. I can't seem to find a thermostat near the tank. There is a thermostat on the wall in the living room for the room temp.Any ideas? Probably something simple.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

Can you see any motorised valves beside the hot water tank? Are there any lights on them when you turn on the clock? Is the heating working for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

I turned on the heater setting on the timer last night, but to no avail as well.

Not sure about the valves. I will have to have a look tonight.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Can you see any motorised valves beside the hot water tank? Are there any lights on them when you turn on the clock? Is the heating working for you?

i think diggerdunne is pointing you in the right direction here
    possibly stuck motorised valve somewhere
    there should be a manual slider on the side to allow operation if its faulty
    sometimes,just sliding the arm allows the valve to free up

pics of all hotpress electrics will help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Assuming there is a motorised valve for the hot water circuit from the boiler, look for a thermostat on the side of the cylinder as well and see it is set high enough on the dial.

Also ensure the hand valve for the cylinder coil is open a little. It would have a red circular handle on it, and would be on the pipe going into the cylinder heating coil. Usually a half turn to 1 turn or so from closed is enough.

Advertisement