Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ex husband cant afford his rented house and is demanding to move back to family home

• 27-06-2012 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

I would appreciate any help anyone could give me here.
    My husband walked out on me and our 2 year old last year and rented a house 50 miles away from us. On departure he said that he would continue to pay the mortgage and house and life insurance. He has always wanted me to pay half the mortgage but refused to pay anything towards the cost of fulltime childcare or towards the upkeep of our child.
    He has now said that he cannot afford to stay in his rented place and is threatening to move back into the house.
    Obviously I do not want a man that had an affair and is still seeing his girlfriend living with us and I do not want our child to see the awful way in which he speaks to me and treats me.
    I am also concerned about the affect having him there until our child was 2 then him being gone for a year and then to have him back will have on our child. Who knows if he comes back and then goes again this will affect our child. I have never blocked access to our child and always said that the father / child relationship needs to be maintained.

Is there some way I can stop him coming back?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

If you hav'nt already done so, consult a solicitor to formalise your seperation, if you can't afford one apply to your local Law Centre for Legail Aid.

Advertisement