Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any advice on credit card debts?

Options
  • 27-06-2012 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

hi just looking for some advice, my girlfriend has been let go from her job and has 3 cards and is unable to pay the monthly repayments. shoulkd she contact mabs? or deal with the companies herself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

pada1981 wrote: »
    hi just looking for some advice, my girlfriend has been let go from her job and has 3 cards and is unable to pay the monthly repayments. shoulkd she contact mabs? or deal with the companies herself?

how much debt is it. I would advise here to contact the banks directly and immediately to advise of her situation and try get a realistic payment plan sorted and get the interest frozen on them.

MABS are good also but could be a long wait getting an appointment with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

+1 to that. The worst option is paying minimum every month. Instead of paying off debt, you pay off interest and charges, and the debt stays with you for ages. Ask them to transfer it into loan with fixed payment each month, this way you pay it off much quicker. You have to be realistic tough regarding repayment plan to make sure it is affordable.

Advertisement