Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Beef Dripping in Dublin

Options
  • 27-06-2012 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hello, looking to buy Beef Dripping for Deep Fryer.

I have called a few butchers and they are extraordinarily expensive at €6-7 per Kilo (if you have a VAT number you can buy 10 Kilos for about €17-20 including VAT off a Cash and Carry or Frylite). Does anyone know of somwhere selling it at a more reasonable price. I need about 6 Kilos for my fryer anyway so I would be happy to buy in a fair amount of bulk.

Cheers.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

I saw beef dripping in FX Buckley on Henry Street, there was only around 300grams of it though, and am not sure it would necessarily be cheaper than the price you've been quoted...But maybe worth giving them a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The butchers in blackrock shopping centre (in dublin with the mcdonalds and M&S in it) had it. I can't recall the price but it stuck me as expensive at the time. it was in glass jars which will always up the price.

Lard is 59cent for 250g in tesco, its 59c for 250g, 2.36/kg. If thats of any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭oconcuc

ASJ112 wrote: »
    I saw beef dripping in FX Buckley on Henry Street, there was only around 300grams of it though, and am not sure it would necessarily be cheaper than the price you've been quoted...But maybe worth giving them a shout

Yeah it was FX Buckley I got the big quote from, and a few other butchers were the same. Thanks anyway though.

rubadub wrote: »
    The butchers in blackrock shopping centre (in dublin with the mcdonalds and M&S in it) had it. I can't recall the price but it stuck me as expensive at the time. it was in glass jars which will always up the price.

Lard is 59cent for 250g in tesco, its 59c for 250g, 2.36/kg. If thats of any use.

Yeah all the butchers seem to be charging big bucks for beef lard.

Tesco's lard is pork. I wouldn't be too opposed to using it, but the flavour is slightly different in chips...still great though.

My local Tesco in Rathmines never has it though. Which Tesco have you seen it in lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,505 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Could you get a load of beef fat from a butchers or wholesaler and render it down yourself I'm the oven ?? Or see if there's makers logo on the little jars in butchers and ring or google them....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement

Markcheese wrote: »
    Could you get a load of beef fat from a butchers or wholesaler and render it down yourself I'm the oven ?? Or see if there's makers logo on the little jars in butchers and ring or google them....

Frylite do it very cheap, but will only supply to businesses. I was thinking of asking my local chipper, but realised quite quickly how cheeky it would be, given that it would mean I wouldn't be planning to buy their chips anymore.

Advertisement