Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trade in a laptop for scrap money, Carlow.

Options
  • 27-06-2012 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Does anyone know of any shops in the town where I can trade in a dead laptop, for scrap money. I know that there is a computer shop in Kilkenny, offering €100 for dead laptops, but travelling to Kilkenny is very inconvenient. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: it's a HP, 15.6 Inch screen.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Does anyone know of any shops in the town where I can trade in a dead laptop, for scrap money. I know that there is a computer shop in Kilkenny, offering €100 for dead laptops, but travelling to Kilkenny is very inconvenient. Anyone have any ideas?

Sell it on adverts.ie? You are unlikely to get €100 from any shop for a dead laptop as they would only be looking for parts or a laptop they could repair and sell on for a lot more than they give the previous owner.

How Dead is it? what happened to it? Have you tried to get it working as this would increase the value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

If you need to head to Kk , give me a shout. Should be able to give u a lift .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

what's wrong with it????

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

Owryan wrote: »
    If you need to head to Kk , give me a shout. Should be able to give u a lift .

Thanks for the offer.

The problem is, the fan has completely burned out, which is a very, very common problem with HP laptops. Everything else is still fine. Even burned out it is still worth a bit of money, for example, when my friends screen broke on his laptop, between getting a second hand screen from a burned out laptop, and a fitter, it cost him the best part of €100+.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Hey any chance you can give me the name of that shop in Kilkenny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

The shop is in william st, Quinn Computer's, if you park in Market cross as you come out to go to the shops look over to your left and it is on the corner of the arcade.
    I got a recon Laptop off of them the other day for 169 euro, brilliant, has a new screen, but didn't trade in my old one which is dead.
    However a fear that the the hard disk can be used which might just contain things that are personal.

Advertisement