Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you hoping to go to College?

• 27-06-2012 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

I just said i'd do a Poll as i'm bored to see where all of ye would like to attend in September for College? NUIM for me hopefully! BCL Civil Law, Economics & Politics. :D

Where would you like to go to College in September 2012? 81 votes

NUIG
    0%
    UCD
    11%
    NinjaDucksKKBLChemHickeybluugirlantok93hiyakeanofizzyorangeWanchorLucario 9 votes
    TCD
    13%
    matthew8GomzuxcorinathediceFlabangavSiobhnkReventon93F9DevilCruel SunWhatsernamex33iMMer5ion 11 votes
    DCU
    23%
    fungieBears and Vodka_Bella_SaaronChuchoternoname123leaveitonBeanbagBallbagmcpaddingtonSureYWouldntYawibblinfinalityafrocodThatGuy93NesciomathstalkDarksiderPlonker!Lavidabonita 19 votes
    NUIM
    6%
    DiamondsandroseAnnaKinDrafty122Geographyhater[Deleted User] 5 votes
    DIT
    4%
    Boeing777PictureFrameGeo10Pepperr 4 votes
    UL
    2%
    baked beanzlilsparkle69 2 votes
    UCC
    7%
    Owen_S_pure_mule_frozenfrozenTogepistevo873certifiedcrepe 6 votes
    Queens (Belfast)
    9%
    LunoSP534Ally7MauraTheThirdAdolescenteenaisling95123 LCBpmull 8 votes
    Ulster College
    1%
    jwof2006 1 vote
    Insitute of Technology (Sligo, Galway, Athlone, Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Letterkenny etc.)
    0%
    Primary Teaching College (Pats, Mary Immaculate, Marino, Froebel)
    8%
    double GGsilverskyNaomi00jemmyboyIRA 1916AvoxDestructiveApe 7 votes
    Dublin Business School, Griffith College (Any private)
    7%
    siobhanod93stall_the_ballLovintheLCsuperchicjinxy18Talib Fiasco 6 votes
    UK University (any)
    0%
    Scottish University (any)
    3%
    EducationFinderMysteriouschicsganyfx 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

TCD
    Ucd, hopefully :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

UCD
    Nuig for me! Mathematical science GY319.

I'm half considering doing first year and then taking the admission tests for Oxford Cambridge and UCL. Chemistry with mathematics in UCL seems to be a perfect course for me! :-) I'm not sure though. Any advice appreciated!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

DIT
    NUIM <3:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Queens (Belfast)
    Should have picked the Primary Teaching option but I doubt I'll get it so UCC it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

UCD
    NUIG! I've already made a list of stuff I need to get before I move out, bought a new bag yesterday too. I'm extremely excited. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

NUIM
    I have a quick question! For round one offers, if i dont get an offer for my first choice, i should assume the places are all gone right? Theres only 15, so I guess they would be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

DCU
    Tcd engineering :)

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Nuig for me! Mathematical science GY319.

I'm half considering doing first year and then taking the admission tests for Oxford Cambridge and UCL. Chemistry with mathematics in UCL seems to be a perfect course for me! :-) I'm not sure though. Any advice appreciated!!!

I was going to apply to those but they're just SO expensive, it's £9000 a year and it's just not worth it, I'd come out with the same degree in the end but in ridiculous debt. I figured I could go there and spend half my life trying to pay back a student loan, or just apply to Irish and Scottish universities and emerge debt free. :)

But if you've got the money or don't mind the debt, by all means go for it. I think the best option for me would have been to do undergrad in Ireland or Scotland and then do a postgrad somewhere like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

DCU
    AnnaKin wrote: »
    I have a quick question! For round one offers, if i dont get an offer for my first choice, i should assume the places are all gone right? Theres only 15, so I guess they would be?

The places for every course are all gone after round one, but it's possible for people to decline an offer and for places to open up in round 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,315 ✭✭✭Reventon93

TCD
    UCD. And if i dont get in DCU hopefully. Definitely dont want to be stuck in Galway next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Primary Teaching, specifically Mary I. If not that then Maynooth which normally has lower points. It's funny eventhough I'm from Cork I've only one course for UCC in my top 10 on the form. Hardly any courses suit me like. Thats a good thing in one way because I'm sick of Cork. The place is great like but its same sh*t day in day out. The only thing is that my lowest level 8 course is 440 so if I really f'd up the exams which I'm pretty sure I haven't, I'm repeating or else it's Australia. I actually had a nightmare last night about my results day because I was editing my choices late last night. I knew it was a dream like but it still freaked the crap out of me. I got 440 points and everything haha...not good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

TCD
    Hoping for IADT or UCD. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm the only Scot? I've made my list and stuff, just a matter of actually confirming my place

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jinxy18

Mary Immaculate...but it looks like the course I want to do is changing a lot and there's no information available at all yet on what the new course will be like so now I'm not sure.

Queens (Belfast)
    jinxy18 wrote: »
    Mary Immaculate...but it looks like the course I want to do is changing a lot and there's no information available at all yet on what the new course will be like so now I'm not sure.

I'm in the same boat, not sure what to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jinxy18

Have you put down the education and psychology course too M&S?!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Queens (Belfast)
    I want Pharmacy in UCC but I doubt I'll get it :L So it'll probably be Biological and Chemical Sciences in UCC, moving onto Chemistry of Pharmaceutical Compounds:D Here's hoping!!! I just cannot wait to go to college. Working four days a week to save money for it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

DCU
    Geeez, the amount of people going to Trinity on this forum alone!* If I get the points for BESS I'm going to Trinity, otherwise DCU.

*we should all meet up xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

DIT
    subz3r0 wrote: »
    Geeez, the amount of people going to Trinity on this forum alone!* If I get the points for BESS I'm going to Trinity, otherwise DCU.

*we should all meet up xD
    I was going to TCD, but there's no way (and I know it) that I got enough points for the BBL (Law & Business). Kinda annoying seeing as I <3'd Trinity, but i'm hoping to do my Masters there (if everything in life goes to plan :P).

Want to do the International Business & European Law degree and work in a TNC (hopefully Pharmaceutical, like my Uncles) after College!

DCU
    I was going to TCD, but there's no way (and I know it) that I got enough points for the BBL (Law & Business). Kinda annoying seeing as I <3'd Trinity, but i'm hoping to do my Masters there (if everything in life goes to plan :P).

Have you considered BESS? I take it you're interested in Business and Economics so it might have suited you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

DIT
    subz3r0 wrote: »
    Have you considered BESS? I take it you're interested in Business and Economics so it might have suited you?

Yeah I did, it was my #1 for ages. It's just I want a degree thats main focus is Law, I know you can take Law modules with BESS, but I want a degree that's accredited by the Law Society/King's Inn incase I want to go into Civil Law after college instead of Business, so I have to do a Civil Law degree!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭DestructiveApe

Primary Teaching College (Pats, Mary Immaculate, Marino, Froebel)
    Anybody hoping to go to IT Tralee ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

Marino, Pats and if i don't get primary hopefully languages in UL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

TCD
    Ucd nursing fingers crossed.

imelle wrote: »
    Marino, Pats and if i don't get primary hopefully languages in UL :D

Isn't Marino like the irish primary teaching college? I remember a friend told me that and thats what put him off from putting it down. I've it like #5 but it's pretty impossible to get it if with my ordering. And you haven't mentioned Mary I? You said that UL is an option so why not Mary I? :P

Queens (Belfast)
    jinxy18 wrote: »
    Have you put down the education and psychology course too M&S?!

No no, the pure education course is also changing alot too!

DCU
    TheComeUp wrote: »
    Isn't Marino like the irish primary teaching college? I remember a friend told me that and thats what put him off from putting it down.

My gf goes there and I'm not sure what you mean by 'Irish Primary teaching college' but they did have to go to the Gaeltacht during Easter as part of the course and they do hand up some assignments in Irish. Oh and there is a HB3 Irish requirement too.

Isn't Marino like the irish primary teaching college? I remember a friend told me that and thats what put him off from putting it down. I've it like #5 but it's pretty impossible to get it if with my ordering. And you haven't mentioned Mary I? You said that UL is an option so why not Mary I? :P

yeah i have mary i and froebel down too :P but i just have marino and pats before them :D
    em i think years ago marino used to be all done through irish but that's not the case anymore, all the primary courses are the same and 4 years from this year on :D well except education and psychology

Ah that was it. My friend was saying that he heard it was being thought/lectured in Irish. That put us both off. But if thats not the case grand job. Eventhough it being thought wouldn't bother me that much. I'm not from the Gaeltacht or anything but I love Irish. Got a b1 in the pre compared to the rest of my class scraping passes and I'm expecting the same if not better in the real thing *fingers crossed* :)...whats the story with Ed + Physcology? I went on the website yday but the new changes weren't posted yet. Atm the power is gone in my house cuz of the storm so I'll have to check l8r on but anyone know? I actually have it #1 but I'm 90% sure I wont get the points for it...which doesn't bother me cuz I only have it down for the options is brings :L

Ah that was it. My friend was saying that he heard it was being thought/lectured in Irish. That put us both off. But if thats not the case grand job. Eventhough it being thought wouldn't bother me that much. I'm not from the Gaeltacht or anything but I love Irish. Got a b1 in the pre compared to the rest of my class scraping passes and I'm expecting the same if not better in the real thing *fingers crossed* :)...whats the story with Ed + Physcology? I went on the website yday but the new changes weren't posted yet. Atm the power is gone in my house cuz of the storm so I'll have to check l8r on but anyone know? I actually have it #1 but I'm 90% sure I wont get the points for it...which doesn't bother me cuz I only have it down for the options is brings :L

i'm not really sure to be honest, i just presumed it'll be a bit different :L i know i'm not going to get 545 or whatever it is :P i'll be lucky to get 475 for the other ones :D i love irish too! 5-suas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Scottish University (any)
    I clicked the uk , more likely I'll be going to there I know I want to even though I have my doubts and I'll get a year for work experience not just 6/7 months. Dcu would be my next option.

Advertisement