Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 15) June 29 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Drogs deserved the 3 0 bigtime in the brandywell tonight . We outplayed Derry for almost the entire game without really getting into second gear . Points up there are always hard won but tbh tonight was easy . The win puts us ahead of rovers in the league . If we can keep it up we will be in the mix come the seasons end . The new mons lads are fitting in well . Peter Hynes was great again tonight . Gav brennan got 2 good goals and fabio kept up his good run by lobbing Doherty in the Derry goal. And apologies to any Derry fans who heard any of the chants from some of our dickhead support , couple of them got thrown out of the ground ...

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Genuinely still in shock.

Nights like tonight are why you follow a football team.

Get ****ing in.

To top it all off, had Athlone, Limerick and Longford in an accumulator :D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Was stuck in the Jodi for that muck after leaving it too to get an away ticket.mI'd love to know what's going on in Kenny's head because at this rate we'll be lucky to qualify for Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

G'wan the town...4-5...some result...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

What a brilliant weekend for LOI football! Fahey at Pats, underdogs Bohs beating Rovers and Mervue and Longford, I'd say anyone at a match this weekend will most certainly be back! What was the story with what happened after the Bohs/Rovers game? Anyways, a few thoughts from our game...

Brilliant performance, absolutely miles away from our first half against Derry. Team showed a serious appetite from the whistle, first goal was a work of art, beautifully weighted cross from Daryl and Tadgh powered the ball back to the corner that it came from. Second goal was another fantastic cross, and Duggan hit the ball right as it was hitting the ground, could have been easy to swipe it and miss but he kept it down and finished well. El Vino kept his composure trumendously and rounded their keeper to score.

Morrissey bossed midfield, Daryl had a great game as did our entire back four. Tadgh was more up for this game than I've ever seen him and even Colin Healy played well. It was one of those games where everything could be shouted and heard on the pitch, and despite the fact he got a lot of abuse I didn't think Damien 'Handjob' Hancock had a terrible game. He was however badly fooled for the sending off, keeper writhed around a full 360 degress as if someone who was having an epileptic fit. Kenny was stupid to give him an excuse though, especially after a needless booking for dissent.

That was the only bad note though on an otherwise perfect away trip, bring on the Boez!

Cant really argue with any of that.

For the sending off though, Quigley just made the most of the stupid stamp by whoever got sent off. Very stupid when was already on a yellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Keith Fahey in with the SEI lads. Legend! :D

557709_4306850989436_2057059885_n.jpg

Great pic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Best match I've ever been to at Dalymount! Dave Scully in the G stand going mental, what a legend!

Looks like Rovers came over to Dalymouny four nothing last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

What a ****ing night!

Meh game, we looked tired 2nd half and they came into it. 1st half jaysis we are really really good. Lost 2 players to injury now :(

but what a ****ing night!!!

575611_417195324986593_574725963_n.jpg

544968_417227481650044_291284405_n.jpg

Shame some scumbag punched me in the face but cracking night otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Mushy wrote: »
    Thank you very much lads, once I actually get paid from work I think I shall go for this trip. Go back after the match. Lucky its on the Saturday for me. I'll be on my own, so if any kind soul wants to meet for a pint or two beforehand, I'd be willing to meet up.
    I'm finished work at 3, should manage a quick one before the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

I go up to Dalyer with the nephew but prior to last night have always gone on my own when we play Rovers. Decided early in the week to stop that silliness and bring him along to this one... so so glad I did; never seen the lad on a better buzz.

That's the last two games I've attended both ending in 4-0 scorelines and the buzz I was on leaving each stadium could not possibly be any different. Ireland's Euro "campaign" was such a gloomy downer, last night reminded me why I hang in there.

Still buzzed today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Mushy wrote: »
    For the sending off though, Quigley just made the most of the stupid stamp by whoever got sent off. Very stupid when was already on a yellow.
    I don't think there was anything in that at all. I was directly behind Quigley's goal for the incident and it certainly wasn't a stamp. Thought it was very poor form by Quigley for reacting the way he did.

236-01.gif

Jaysis Rovers Against is shocking.

5 of our goals came from 2 games vs Bray/Dundalk :eek:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

3rd best defence in the league :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Very lucky to get out of Richmond last night with just a one goal defeat.

If HEWHW's header hadda gone in, it would have been an outrageous draw.

Pretty much finished the game with only nine men as Paiso was crippled. :(

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Pretty much finished the game with only nine men... :(

Lot of red cards all over the league but your lot have had an alarming amount; is that 8 now?
    Need to address that as a priority I would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Derry crippled by yellows and reds this season too.

I think its a mix of bad discipline at the club (our players do do a lot of moaning) and rubbish refs in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    FT in Dundalk is 2-1 to Rovers. Scraped a win.

Dundalk had a few chances but it was comfortable for Sligo. We probably played as well as we could and Sligo were still a lot better. Having said that Sligo were at their usual diving all over the place and are by far the most dishonest team in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

dreamers75 wrote: »

lol what?

Des wrote: »
    lol what?

Check my facebook :(

Mate going home locked got jumped on, i went out to get him home. Jumped on me then, inchicore is lovely really :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Squelchy wrote: »
    Lot of red cards all over the league but your lot have had an alarming amount; is that 8 now?

Yeah, 8 in the league. :mad:

Even picked one up in the LSC v Crumlin. :rolleyes:

Of the top of my head, I couldn't argue with any of them.

The manager needs to sort it out asap, as we're starting to look more and more over our shoulder than up the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

We've a few fixtures now where we should really start to put a run of wins together. We didn't last series out though and if that repeats I think Matthews will be in big trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Check my facebook :(

Mate going home locked got jumped on, i went out to get him home. Jumped on me then, inchicore is lovely really :D

Jesus, looks bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Squelchy wrote: »

All straight reds too.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    I'm finished work at 3,
    should manage a quick one before the game.

Ive to do a training night in work. Stupid changes. Tv itll be for me.

I don't think there was anything in that at all. I was directly behind Quigley's goal for the incident and it certainly wasn't a stamp. Thought it was very poor form by Quigley for reacting the way he did.

Ah when Darren gathered the ball, the lad left his foot in stupidly. As I said, Quigley made the most of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

AgileMyth wrote: »

There is nobody in that photo doing Nazi salutes. Stop trying to stir ****e. Its pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

Sorry, I was a bit drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

And they're off
    gal_horse_racing_saratoga_06.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Yeah, because none of their fans would ever engage in anything like that.

Or cause any trouble.

Like I said, pathetic. But if this type of one upmanship gives you a kick then be my guest and post some clown doing a Nazi salute from 10 years ago. Everyone else is sick of it however,and I'm not getting bogged down in this infantile rubbish. I'll leave you to your outrage. Good Night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I don't like shams anymore than the rest of ye. But that really doesn't look like a nazi salute at the Bohs game. It is a still image, they could very well have been chanting and put their hands up like that, I've done it and I've seen thousands of others do it.

The sunglasses guy, now that is a nazi salute.

Lets just leave it there, it has been a great weekend of action for our league. Lets not ruin the thread with this stuff ;)

• Advertisement

Sorry, I was a bit drunk.

its grand live and let live :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Posts deleted, thread cleaned. It is not a discussion for this thread. It is not a discussion likely to survive its own thread either. It offers nothing to the discussion of this weekend's fixtures. It stops right now.

dfx- wrote: »
    Posts deleted, thread cleaned. It is not a discussion for this thread. It is not a discussion likely to survive its own thread either. It offers nothing to discussion of this weekend's fixtures. It stops right now.

the **** did i miss ?

the **** did i miss ?

A load of Rovers are Nazis
    No you're Nazis, they're just waving their arms
    No you're Nazis, that's Nazi salutes. You runaway
    No you runaway
    No...

A load of nonsense really.
    The type of shíte that gives the league's fans a bad reputation.
    Hopefully we can discuss the merits of the weekend's games from now on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

You gotta laugh. We spend most of the week adopting the moral high ground about Poznan and trying to get people to try out a league of Ireland game. Then we try and frighten them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Get the **** in Town! Not in the country at the minute and to see us to win from three down was immense! Overjoyed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

stovelid wrote: »
    You gotta laugh. We spend most of the week adopting the moral high ground about Poznan and trying to get people to try out a league of Ireland game. Then we try and frighten them away.

I hope 'we' means Bohs and Rovers fans. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Corholio wrote: »
    I hope 'we' means Bohs and Rovers fans. :D

No, Bohs fans didn't get involved. Was Rovers attacking Rovers with a bit of Shels thrown in I think.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Same arrangements as the league game in Tolka for the LSC game?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

HERE WE GO! :-D :-D

• Advertisement

The interview with Kenny was priceless!
    The tearing into the Rovers team was priceless!
    The tearing in to the Rovers fans on the pitch was priceless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Loved the Shams fan who tripped when walking towards the Bohs fans. :D

Jansson is shocking, good god!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Sives and Twigg have had their car windows smashed.

Turner as well.

Initial rumours were that it was Rovers fans.

I'd say all over Twitter but that would be an exaggeration but it is on Twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

BOHtox wrote: »
    The interview with Kenny was priceless!
    The tearing into the Rovers team was priceless!
    The tearing in to the Rovers fans on the pitch was priceless!

Is there a link to Kenny's interview?

What a clip from MNS there at the end.

Is there a link to Kenny's interview?

THe show will be up on rte.ie in around 4 hours. Bohs fan interviewing him, Kenny really didn't like the questions.

I fecking forget to watch MNS EVERY SINGLE week.
    This week; no exception.

I will also forget to check rte.ie for it. Until so much time has passed that I'm no longer bothered seeing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

**** I totally forgot about MNS!!:o

Does not help that I keep thinking today is Tuesday for some freaking reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

**** I totally forgot about MNS!!:o

Does not help that I keep thinking today is Tuesday for some freaking reason.

I still thought it was Sunday this morning

Advertisement