Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

well its about time

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I hope they put that Callely gob****e away, f*cking traitor to the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Stay classy FG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Left his wife for that young 26 year old girlfriend

Foolish mistake my man

As she has destroyed his life

A wife's revenge :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I doubt there would be enough room in the 'joy to accomodate them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

true we could put the overspill in cloverhill ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

The jury had been urged by Forsey's defence to treat his ex-wife's evidence with caution as "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned".

I can't believe the judge let that remark stand in this day and age, sexism is rife it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

mikemac1 wrote: »

Foolish mistake my man

Couldn't help reading that in eamon dunphy's voice :D

Foolish mistake my man

Hell hath no fury .................;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

now the can arrest lowery and i'll be happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Hell hath no fury .................;)

Like a taco chip on your ringpiece? :confused:

:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Sure we'll add some pics

The bould councillor left Jenny Forsey for the younger Karen Morrisey

And paid for it with a jail term

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

He [the judge] praised the "civic mindedness" of Jenny Forsey, who gave evidence of her ex-husband.
    Yes. Civic mindedness. That's what it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

i think he should be released, the younger one is well fitter...

what was he jailed for again? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

true we could put the overspill in cloverhill ;):D
    maybe just put a big wall around the dail and lock them all in!

only if we have armed guard towers to shoot them if they try to escape ;)

kfallon wrote: »

Love it, thanks :D

Love it, thanks :D

you should try a hot tex mex chilli for 50% more burning sensation :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

From that article it says the wife didnt do this out of revenge, :D so what was it the guilt of having that all expenses paid holiday in Italy that got you.

Comical stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,386 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Scorned or not, it was the wifes report to the Guards that started the ball rolling so make of it what you will

I do love a good precendent nonetheless, so let the flood gates open!!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭DonQuay1

Foolish mistake my man

I'm on a theme tonight it seems!

Yep ..... she got the revenge and got rid of him. BIG TIME. To the BIG HOUSE!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Faith in Ireland growing again.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Plenty of room in the broom cupbord.

I wonder if the developer can be charged for attempting (and succeding) to bribe a councillor/politician?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I can't believe the judge let that remark stand in this day and age, sexism is rife it seems.

So is PC ness gone too far. Of course - NO wimmen would never scre w over their man (men) because they're jealous.

And, any comment by a man in a court - that can be deliberately misconstrued out of (or in) context - will become the kick toy of those that seek to find sexist problems everywhere.

Typical Nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

DonQuay1 wrote: »
    So is PC ness gone too far. Of course - NO wimmen would never scre w over their man (men) because they're jealous.

And, any comment by a man in a court - that can be deliberately misconstrued out of (or in) context - will become the kick toy of those that seek to find sexist problems everywhere.

Typical Nonsense.

What does PCness have to do with this?

Suggesting that there might have bene an ulterior motive on behal of the ex-wife is just shy of accusing her of purjury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Well If one of the biggest frauds in the world (quinn) isnt in there with him theres something wrong.

Typical Nonsense.

why such hatred towards women? did one screw ya over?

the thread was about a corrupt politician finally getting jail but you are trying to derail a lot of threads with your women bashing nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

tip of the iceberg sadly

tip of the iceberg sadly

i know... instead the rest got big pensions :mad:

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

Suggesting that there might have bene an ulterior motive on behal of the ex-wife is just shy of accusing her of purjury.

The brazilian wasn't talking about justice. Her comment was ONLY about the SEXIST angle of it...

• Advertisement

why such hatred towards women? did one screw ya over?

the thread was about a corrupt politician finally getting jail but you are trying to derail a lot of threads with your women bashing nonsense

And another risable comment about being 'screwed' over. Is that the answer you always fight with? I don't agree with you so attack and denigrate?
    I don't derail nowt. If someone makes a statement - then they have to be able to take - and reply - to a contrary view. My statements were IN REPLY to risable statements by others.

Too much anti man sexist bull on here tonight. The comments I've commented on have no relevance towards the actual subject matter of the original OP.
    Just man-bashing.

Oh - and I believe I have a right (written somewhere I presume) to answer - in any forum (here or in a court) - comments?

Or are you suggestion I be censured because a view I express doesn't jell with your own view? Is this the latest way tonight to bash men? Lets burn books next and send dissenters to a re-education camp?

And another risable comment about being 'screwed' over. Is that the answer you always fight with? I don't agree with you so attack and denigrate?
    I don't derail nowt. If someone makes a statement - then they have to be able to take - and reply - to a contrary view. My statements were IN REPLY to risable statements by others.

Too much anti man sexist bull on here tonight. The comments I've commented on have no relevance towards the actual subject matter of the original OP.
    Just man-bashing.

Oh - and I believe I have a right (written somewhere I presume) to answer - in any forum (here or in a court) - comments?

Or are you suggestion I be censured because a view I express doesn't jell with your own view? Is this the latest way tonight to bash men? Lets burn books next and send dissenters to a re-education camp?
    i am a man

[QUOTE=Nothingbetter2d;7944629
    i am a man[/I]

Are you?
    Ok ... you're a man with an agenda -

[QUOTE=Nothingbetter2d;7944629
    i am a man[/I]

Are you?
    Ok ... you're a man with an agenda - otherwise you would have quoted my entire post - rather than selectively leaving out what you did.

i quoted your entire post. :rolleyes:

i even edited my post quote to included the line you added later :rolleyes:

i have no agenda.... im just sick of looking at your whinging posts about women.

Indeed/

I'm sure you'll agendaise my posting skills also. Goodnight

i have no agenda.... im just sick of looking at your whinging posts about women.

Another edit??

But really. Must go. Slan ...

• Advertisement

Another edit??

But really. Must go. Slan ...

yes seriously why the bitterness?

right, lets get the thread back on topic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Faith in Ireland growing again.......

Slowly, ever so slowly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

Don't really think that is all that accurate. It certainly would be a motivator, even if its only at a subconscious level. And I would say the same were the genders switched. Perjury would be speaking dishonestly, so I think to associate the two as if they were proximate is a category error.

The brazilian wasn't talking about justice. Her comment was ONLY about the SEXIST angle of it...

As I read it, it was abotu the Judge's rection to it. Courts are supposed to deal with facts and not emotions, and and suspicions that a witness is dealign in emotion and not delivering facts should be brought up at the time of testomony and objected to. Why did counsel not do this at the time?

Also, unless he has evidence that the witness lied, her past rlationship is of no consequence.

And you still don;t explain where PCness comes into it.
    Pushtrak wrote: »
    Don't really think that is all that accurate. It certainly would be a motivator, even if its only at a subconscious level. And I would say the same were the genders switched. Perjury would be speaking dishonestly, so I think to associate the two as if they were proximate is a category error.

Yeah, I know, I did say "just shy of". As I said above, the time for bringing this to a judge or jury's attention is during cross-examination. Why was this not done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

kfallon wrote: »

Tea all over my keyboard now ye fecker!

right, lets get the thread back on topic

why do that, the thread is starting to get interesting :pac:

fight!

fight!

fight!

fight!

fight!

:P

davet82 wrote: »
    fair enough lets get back on topic then :(

;)

lol cheer up davet82.... at least a corrupt politician went to jail instead of getting a big pension

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

lol cheer up davet82.... at least a corrupt politician went to jail instead of getting a big pension

Only one though, hardly a victory when the worst of them are still laughing at us.

true but on the down side these results are more rare than an eclipse... as you can see i'm a glass half empty kinda guy :D

davet82 wrote: »
    true but on the down side these results are more rare than an eclipse... as you can see i'm a glass half empty kinda guy :D

but now the ball has started rolling and politicians see that they can go to jail it might smarten them up.

btw the glass is half full too ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 runthemjobs

Utopian Dreaming
    It seems to me that this case assumes the norm in public life is honesty and transparency whereas the truth is, we live in a "You scratch my back i'll scratch yours world" Nepotism, brown envelopes, and backroom deals are the reality and has been the way since the dawn of civilisation, I'd go as far as to say that it's the essence of civil society. On the face of it no one will openly admit to operating in this manner. But we only need to take a brief look at the world around us to see how things really work. vitriolic condemnation is the normal reaction to those caught and convicted. (ohh and thank god it wasn't me). Is fred Forsey guilty as charged ? I'm sure he is guilty of getting caught, being greedy, and upsetting his former wife to the piont where she sought and got revenge. I think the 4yrs incarceration will do him a power of good, he will learn alot about himself and life while inside, maybe he'll write a book. As for this case setting a precedent, I think it will, people in his situation are less likely to make the same mistakes "Getting Caught", but you may as well take a fork to the tide as change human nature and why should we, it's got us this far hasn't it. The brown envelope will continue and now again we'll Tar and Feather some miscreant and we'll all feel good about ourselves for a while. I wonder how many people would not take the money given the opportunity I know I would have taken it. I wonder if he had split the money 50/50 with his former wife and not left her for the other woman, would we ever have heard about it. I wonder if the land in question had been rezoned and through some celtic tiger miracle the rezoning had brought much needed jobs and development to an area deperately needing it, would we be still looking for scapegoats to sacrafice to our hypocrisy. The utopian society that this judgement aspires to would be great to live in for robots deviod of emotion and human error, but were not robots, we live in a colourfull world where everyone fouls up and many enjoy throwing stones at glass houses, not thier own one of course. So maybe instead of judging and jailing people for the crime of human falability we should change the systems which are subject to this falability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

day day Fred, they will love you in prison seen as you were f***ed by your wife :-)

Advertisement