Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bale New Contract

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

at least thats one less rumour to worry about,i wonder does he know who the next manager is?and has that influenced his decision to sign a new deal??????

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

at least thats one less rumour to worry about,i wonder does he know who the next manager is?and has that influenced his decision to sign a new deal??????

I think we all know who the manager is going to be at this stage :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

Finally some positive news. Now we need to quickly sort out the manager situation and conclude the Vertongen deal. We live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Great news. One less thing to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I'd be 100% certain he does sir !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I'd be 100% certain he does sir !

of course he knows . why on earth would he sign a contract if he didnt know who the new manager was ? ?? i would say its avb or deschamps. deschamps wants to leave france and we were linked with him before so he could get it . i think its most likely avb though ! next week we will prob see avb / jan / sigurdson sign .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Positive news thank christ. Could of easily jumped ship, shows good character.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭oregano

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Positive news thank christ. Could of easily jumped ship, shows good character.

Good character yes, good judgement...

Depends on where else he could have gone ... Were there offers in for him?

I'm a huge fan, I just wonder if some clubs see him as a one trick pony...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Some good news at last,hope there's more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

oregano wrote: »

I’d imagine the price tag would put a lot of clubs off? Although I thought he would have been off to Barca this season. He’s no one trick pony, he’s got everything.

Prefer if he hugged the touchline instead of cutting inside. He can only improve which will make Tottenham a stronger outfit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Delighted to hear. Hopefully the new manager will keep him out on the left more this season. That's where he plays his best football.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Great news love his quotes regarding the fans, loyalty is a rare trait amongst footballers nowadays....

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭oregano

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    oregano wrote: »

I’d imagine the price tag would put a lot of clubs off? Although I thought he would have been off to Barca this season. He’s no one trick pony, he’s got everything.

Prefer if he hugged the touchline instead of cutting inside. He can only improve which will make Tottenham a stronger outfit.

I agree on the turning inside, when you're one of the paciest players in the league then play to your strengths!

It makes you wonder if any top class Brits ever want to expand their horizons though, surely at his age la liga or serie A would be well worth a two year stint, and money can't be an issue....

What was the price on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Bale misses Olympics with back/hip injury ! Hopefully nothing serious and it's spurs making sure he is 100% for the ko.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Meant to be some exciting news next week according to a few spurs sites.

Advertisement