Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewing grant, needs results, is online printout enough?

Options
  • 27-06-2012 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm in the process of filling in the renewal form for my grant, but it wants details of my exam results. Does anyone have any experience with this, do they require an actual transcript ? or is a printout of the results online enough? And if they require the hard copy transcript, is there a charge for this?!

Trying to get through to my local co. council for answers all day but they're not answering! So thanks a million to anyone who has any advice on this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

A print out from your PC will suffice, They can cross check it with the information UL give them anyway on students that have failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cocaholic

An official transcript from SAA costs 10 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Thanks guys! That's great! I have one more question actually I wonder if you happen to know the answer to. It also states that I have to provide confirmation of attendance. What would I need for this? Is it a letter from SAA? Or would it be the same letter I used last year which was just my acceptance letter to my course? (Am doing a postgrad so that would have been different from undergrads last year). Or is it something I get when I register in September?? Because I'm really hoping I don't have to wait until september for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cocaholic

There isn't a straight up way to confirm attendance. On the student transcript there is how many hours should have been attended. The best way is if your attendance can be confirmed by a course director or lecturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

You can go into SAA and ask for a confirmation that you're still attending UL. Doesn't cost a penny

edit- just remember to bring your ul id.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Have to renew my grant, i was only in UL for one semester this year. This current semester i have been on coop, not sure what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Get exam results from the first semester, get a letter from SAA saying you were on co-op and a letter from SAA saying you will be attending UL for the following year.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

why do they want results by the way? is it just to confirm that we haven't failed the year? As long as we've passed it should be grand I assume? I was wondering the last day when I was sending it away...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

toodleytoo wrote: »
    why do they want results by the way? is it just to confirm that we haven't failed the year? As long as we've passed it should be grand I assume? I was wondering the last day when I was sending it away...

To know you passed the exams to move onto the next year..they wont give you a grant to repeat the same year.

Advertisement