Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 euros for a take away cappuccino, is that too dear?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I doubt Starbucks offer free refills.

The reason refills (coffee and soft drinks) are free in other places is because the cost is offset against the mountains of food Americans are piling into their faces.

If you have an espresso made coffee in the store you can get a free filter to go. Or at least you used to be able to.

€3 for a properly made cappacino is fine. The vast majority of places in Ireland can't make a decent coffee. The most obvious one being leaving the shot sitting there for ages while they steam the milk. Ruins the taste and I've pulled up many a 'barista' over it. Probably why my food gets spat in a lot :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

If you have an espresso made coffee in the store you can get a free filter to go. Or at least you used to be able to.

€3 for a properly made cappacino is fine. The vast majority of places in Ireland can't make a decent coffee. The most obvious one being leaving the shot sitting there for ages while they steam the milk. Ruins the taste and I've pulled up many a 'barista' over it. Probably why my food gets spat in a lot :D

The Kiosk in Ballsbridge, which figured in the Irish Times recently, offers a take away cappuccino for 2.50€. The beans are freshly roasted. It is more than decent, it is very very good.
    Voilà on Baggot Street has a take away cappuccino for 2.40€ and it is also very good (but not as good as the Kiosk's)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Nanazolie wrote: »
    The Kiosk in Ballsbridge, which figured in the Irish Times recently, offers a take away cappuccino for 2.50€. The beans are freshly roasted. It is more than decent, it is very very good.
    Voilà on Baggot Street has a take away cappuccino for 2.40€ and it is also very good (but not as good as the Kiosk's)

Don't just equate the beans to the taste of the coffee - hows its made is also very important. In fact when it comes to 90% of people drinking coffee you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between beans - how its made however can be tasted my most.

Thats not to say if the beans are crap you wont taste is - most of the coffee from the big suppliers in Dublin is rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭furmi

A friend of mine who is a long distance truck driver gave me a couple of bags of LavAzza (Italy's favourite coffee)

The bags are 1000g and have lasted for several weeks and still loads left. Now I just grind my own when I can. Cheapest way out but apart from that its absolutely beautiful coffee.

Advertisement