Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB rollout

Options
  • 27-06-2012 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

Just wondering when NGB might be available in ladysbridge, co cork. Where is the nearest local exchange?

Thanks,

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 6 johnDublin1

Sponge Bob wrote: »

Very nice map, thanks for that. hmm, was onto Eircom earlier and they told me that they had no date for ngb to be available at my address but certainly would be within 6 months. Im less inclined to believe some eircom sales person..... makes sense that they would do all the main areas and not bother with urban as it would cost them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Around 400 exchanges were 'NGB' 'd and of the remaining 800 only some 200 have fibre and not every one of those has basic ADSL1 installed ....a 12 year old standard.

I would think very few exchanges will get NGB in future and the main focus is on upgrading certain exchanges which were NGB upgraded as a stopgap to modern VDSL technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi,

Just wondering when NGB might be available in ladysbridge, co cork. Where is the nearest local exchange?

Thanks,

Hi johnDublin1

If you PM me your telephone number I can advise which is nearest exchange and of possible NGB migration.
    Tony

Hi johnDublin1

If you PM me your telephone number I can advise which is nearest exchange and of possible NGB migration.
    Tony

Done,

Thank you

• Advertisement

Thanks to Tony here for giving me straight answer, this part of the forum is very helpful. There is no way that you could get such informed information directly from Eircom helplines. In fact you can be sure of complete lies. Thanks again Tony...

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭PenguinMan

Don't think it's worth starting a new thread for this, but just wondering if you have a time frame for rolling out fibre powered broadband in north Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

PenguinMan wrote: »
    Don't think it's worth starting a new thread for this, but just wondering if you have a time frame for rolling out fibre powered broadband in north Dublin?

Hi PenguinMan,

Thanks for your post.

If you PM the phone /Account number, and address in North Dublin, I can check if the exchange has been upgraded, or is pending NGB.

I've checked the phone number we have registered and this is showing that the Santry exchange has already been enabled for NGB up to 24Mb. Your broadband is currently synced at just over 14Mb and provisioned on 15Mb.

Let me know if I can advise you further.

Best regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭PenguinMan

Hi PenguinMan,

Thanks for your post.

If you PM the phone /Account number, and address in North Dublin, I can check if the exchange has been upgraded, or is pending NGB.

I've checked the phone number we have registered and this is showing that the Santry exchange has already been enabled for NGB up to 24Mb. Your broadband is currently synced at just over 14Mb and provisioned on 15Mb.

Let me know if I can advise you further.

Best regards,
    Ant
    Hi Ant,

Yep, NGB is grand here, was just curious about the fibre service that you are rolling out at the moment? Any word on that yet? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

PenguinMan wrote: »
    Hi Ant,

Yep, NGB is grand here, was just curious about the fibre service that you are rolling out at the moment? Any word on that yet? :)

Thanks PenguinMan,

Take a look at the following thread with regards fibre broadband availability -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056689586

Let me know if I can help anytime.

Best regards,
    Ant

• Advertisement
Advertisement