Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vivaro swivel seat (interchangable??)

• 27-06-2012 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hey guys,

I have been looking into prices for two svivel seats for the vivaro and have been getting rediculas qquotesd from home and abroad ranging from 340 to 550 euro. but yet I can get 2 ducato swivels for 195..???

as i was thinking about changing the actual seats in the van to a nice sab or BMW leather set i will have to drill teh vivaro swivels as it is, so I weas thinking about getting the cheaper Ducato ones and drilling them.

my main question is has anyone done it before. what base (if not the ducato) would be the closest to the vivaro to "butcher".

Thanks,

Pete

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

sir_pete wrote: »
    hey guys,

I have been looking into prices for two svivel seats for the vivaro and have been getting rediculas qquotesd from home and abroad ranging from 340 to 550 euro. but yet I can get 2 ducato swivels for 195..???

as i was thinking about changing the actual seats in the van to a nice sab or BMW leather set i will have to drill teh vivaro swivels as it is, so I weas thinking about getting the cheaper Ducato ones and drilling them.

my main question is has anyone done it before. what base (if not the ducato) would be the closest to the vivaro to "butcher".

Thanks,

Pete

I converted a transit and used swivel seats from a Renault espace. Details of it all are in my sig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

I put ford Galaxy swivel seats into my ducato.Had to make a complete base for them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

I put fasp ducato swivels in ours as they are much stronger than the single bolt jobbies, overall I thinks its still a crap solution not worth the effort and I'm planning on putting espace, galaxy or voyager swivels in instead.

My friend had beautiful seat boxes made for his t4 and I was planning on going this route until I saw these using plain old box section I can get box section is all shapes and sizes locally and its less work than fitting the swivels was.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:MOtTQNAWAlUJ:www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php%3Ft%3D175821+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

Advertisement