Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to this, want good lens

Options
  • 27-06-2012 4:16pm
    Site Banned Posts: 152 ✭✭

I have a Nikon D40 with standard 18-55mm lens, I take photographs mainly of the children in my family and I want to get clearer images. Any lens suggestions on which would be good without paying more than £400 (more than the camera) ????
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

This or this would be top of my list.

• Site Banned Posts: 152 ✭✭CUPimus

This or this would be top of my list.

the 35mm will give good crisp shots... cool! thanks for your help mate! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,344 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yep, the 35mm would be a better all rounder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Primes are always the way to go for clarity and sharpness!

You can't go wrong with a 50mm lens but on a cropped sensor it'll be more like a 80mm lens.

35mm will give coverage equal to a 50mm on the cropped sensor, its still a good one to have.

You won't go wrong with either but I'll agree the 35mm will be a better all around.
    On a cropped sensor, I often find the 50mm to have a bit too narrow field of view.

• Site Banned Posts: 152 ✭✭CUPimus

Thanks for your help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement