Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charger Issues

Options
  • 27-06-2012 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Think there's something up with my charger. All of my batteries seem to be dying out, even the mini one I only bought yesterday.

I've bought quite a few Ego batteries - different strengths and types but over the past while they all seem to be dying. I know they don't last forever but I'm only vaping 2 months!

3 batteries have gone since Sunday and I'm afraid my twist and mini Ego are going to be next and I'll be left with nothing :(

Has anyone else had any issues with the actual charger? It's this one: http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/chargers/90-fast-usb-charger-for-joye-ego-tornado-eco-ego-riva.html

Was using it in wall plugs but have tried using the computer to charge it and the same thing. Takes ages to charge, light eventually goes green but it doesn't work (flashes like it needs to be charged before going dead).

Can't find my spare charger so am fecked til the one I've ordered arrives and don't want to destroy my remaining batteries

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

sometimes electronics fail, bugger all to be done about it

sounds more like it's your charger than your batteries, replacement coming tomorrow? you should be fine until then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Do you think there's any hope for the batteries I've already used it on? Hate to lose them all cos of a dodgy cable - would be such a waste

hard to know really, only way to be sure is to test them with the new charger and see what happens

just stand far away in case they explode or something

Got a disposable to keep me going - just not the same :-(

well I hope you ordered 2 chargers this time :)

hopefully the batteries are ok, that'd be an expensive next order if they're not

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

i've got that very same charger and not a problem with it...been using it on an off since Feb...

Are you cleaning the connectors on the battery and the charger?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭wingnut32

My other half had the very same issue a couple of weeks back, turns out the charger connection was filthy. A clean of the battery and charger once every two days does the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

Same here....a quick clean around the centre pin and edges with a cocktail stick sorted it and working grand again now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Sometimes I need to jiggle up the centre post of the batteries. I found that some carto's seem to push the post down a bit and they just need to be pulled up a little bit.

Clean them all the time but just gave them a really thorough clean (new mini battery from Ovale was filthy) and have tried again. Ran in to the Ovale to pick up a charger on the way home.

Other batteries seem to be charging ok but no improvement with the Ego mini I got yesterday :(

Fingers crossed and thanks for your help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

I was grand with the one charger for about a year and then I seemed to be having problems, it's the same charger you're having problems with. I thought it was my batteries which have lasted all that time as well. I got a new charger, batteries were grand .Then the new charger started getting fussy about my batteries after a few months, it would charge the newer one but not the two older ones. The two older ones are fairly corroded at the node. So I ordered another charger.

Have the new charger a couple of weeks now and it's charging all the batteries grand. These electronics aren't exactly ipad standard and the chargers are only a fiver to replace so I don't mind too much.

Your best bet really is to have a spare charger, maybe two spare chargers since they're a fiver. And don't throw your batteries out until you've tried them on a different charger.

Advertisement