Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Hot Chili Peppers Concert

Options
  • 27-06-2012 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I was at the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert last night in Croke Park and have to say I was shocked at some of the behavour I saw. I'm a big fan of concerts and have been to many over the years but last night really stood out for the wrong reasons.

The main thing was alcohol, now I'm a drinker myself and I know how much a few drinks can really help with loosening you up etc but last night I saw so many people actually being carried IN by friends as they were unable to stand. There was no alcohol allowed on pitch yet it was everywhere, the poor stewards tried to stop it but they didn't stand a chance. The drunk people were falling onto others, getting sick on people, starting fights etc I thought it was just me being old but I actually heard a few people say the same thing on the way out and on the radio this morning. Now it wasn't one of their better concerts but the atmosphere was not good and it did ruin it slightly.

There was a great range of ages there and it was fantastic to see, although i'm not sure why some people bothered as they weren't interested in the RHCP. I actually heard one girl say to her friend that they should take loads of photos for facebool to make everyone jealous and proceeded to take photos all night in various poses (they were standing right beside me so hard not to overhear).

I love the RHCP but have to say I was disappointed by the concert last night for a few reasons. Was anyone else there? What did ye think?

Cheers,
    SH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Welcome to Ireland :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭theoldbreed

Lumbo wrote: »
    Welcome to Ireland :pac:

Ah yeah I know what you're saying but like I said I've been to many gigs over the years but never saw anything like I did last night, I was shocked to be honest! Why would you bother paying good money for a ticket and just go and get locked! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Well I had a good time, I was right in the middle of the pit about 4 rows of people from the front. Didn't see any drink at all, apart from the delicious and much needed water they were handing out to us. Had an awesome time. The one thing me and my friends did notice was that the knackers in attendence were all moshing to the wrong tracks, like universally speaking and californication! They then filmed it on their phones... while the Chili's were 20 feet away they chose to film some twats shoving eachother instead!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Please use the main RHCP thread. I would have merged this but I didn't want you to miss it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement