Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maintaining weight after anorexia

• 27-06-2012 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Here is my current meal plan.I used to suffer from anorexia...and now although my weight is up..my head feels a little lost and like going back...
    I need some advice...This is what I eat everday,Im scared it is too much...

breakfast
    Porridege with water (135 calorie scahet )

lunch
    A chicken filled roll with stuffing ,cheese tomatoe and sauce

or

a foot long subway snadwhich (chicken,bbq suace cheese lettuce and tomatoe)

dessert
    A muller rice or muller corner or full fat yogurt or smalle trifle/cheesecake

dinner
    a pototoe or rice or a few wedges
    Chicken in breadcrumb /large fish fillet in breadcrumb or a dressed quarter pounder in a bun with dressing(tomatoe & cheese)

with veg

I walk 3.5 miles each day.

I am definitely not overweight..so can I relax at continue eating this?..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

yes. Relax, that is fine.

3.5 miles every day needs fuel!

best of luck with your continuing recovery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

Hi Op

Well done on your road to recovery from anexoria, I have had friends who have struggled with it so I have some idea of the difficulties. The average amount of calories per day to maintain weight for a woman is 2000 calories and it is possible you still may not be eating enough to maintain the average daily amount so I think if you were to add a couple of pieces of fruit or something in your daily diet that should maintain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rosie11

thank you both for your replies..can I just ask..is this not too much for when Im even at my maintainence weight??....
    any suggestions?..it is pretty yummy..and I fear it is too good to be true..so then I might have to cut back to lighter options..will I ?...

the luch is deli made...from spar or centra..and has loads of nice cheese....scary.. :(..and the desserts are pretty calorie dense...

a muller rice for dessert pales in comparison to what other people eat for dessert!

How about this,

Stick to your current eating plan for 2 months. Re-evaluate if youve put on weight then.
    Weight can up down on a day depending on water etc so give it 2 months and see where you are then?

I havnt gained anything in 7 months....no actual weight gain...but filled out...thats why im scared...im getting flabby...but no weight gain as such...

• Advertisement

if you havent gained any weight at all then you surely havent got flabby.

how could you?

you think youre losing your muscle and gaining body fat? easy solution to that would be do bbody weight exercises.

But I doubt that has happened if youve gained no weight at all.

well when i say flabby i mean like boobs and a bum....and not boney...is it possible to gain weight i wonder with out filling out too much as such...like Im lighter than any one I know...but yet others are slimmer?...its confusing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

rosie11 wrote: »
    Here is my current meal plan.I used to suffer from anorexia...and now although my weight is up..my head feels a little lost and like going back...
    I need some advice...This is what I eat everday,Im scared it is too much...

breakfast
    Porridege with water (135 calorie scahet )

lunch
    A chicken filled roll with stuffing ,cheese tomatoe and sauce

or

a foot long subway snadwhich (chicken,bbq suace cheese lettuce and tomatoe)

dessert
    A muller rice or muller corner or full fat yogurt or smalle trifle/cheesecake

dinner
    a pototoe or rice or a few wedges
    Chicken in breadcrumb /large fish fillet in breadcrumb or a dressed quarter pounder in a bun with dressing(tomatoe & cheese)

with veg

I walk 3.5 miles each day.

I am definitely not overweight..so can I relax at continue eating this?..

OP to be honest it sounds like you still need a little help and support and that although you mightn't be suffering from anorexia anymore you still haven't developed strategies to help prevent/overcome a reoccurence.

As a suggestion, would it not be more helpful for you to focus on the QUALITY of food that you're eating and to see eating as an enjoyable task? It just appears that you're very focused on the number of the scale and that this tiny number could affect your feelings/self worth on that given day.

I try not to worry about the number on the scale because for me it fluctuates by a few pounds on a daily basis. This number on the scale is dictated by how much water I'm retaining and then muscle and fat mass too.

I think that you'd enjoy eating and would relax more if you went out to the fruit and veg shop and to the butchers, researched recipes and made your own sauces etc instead of relying of processed foods. Might just be an idea:)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭DoctorMedicine

rosie11 wrote: »
    well when i say flabby i mean like boobs and a bum....and not boney...is it possible to gain weight i wonder with out filling out too much as such...like Im lighter than any one I know...but yet others are slimmer?...its confusing..

Anorexia play havoc with your mind with regards to body perception. Take my word for it, if you haven't gained weight, which on your diet there is very unlikely, your mind is tricking you into believing that you're getting 'flabby' in those areas. You are eating more than you were before, so your brain is concluding that you should gain weight, but you are not.

Rosie, it will take time, effort and quite a bit of faith in yourself to realise that you are not 'flabby', but that you are healthier and on a road to much contentment and happiness in the long run. This is a new routine for you, so it will take time to adjust, but your diet is perfect, your health is improving and you will regain strength and confidence.

If you do notice bodily changes, I guarantee you that it is improvements in your skin, hair and bones. You are eating a lot more healthily, and your body is reflecting that. Please, do not mistake that for weight gain. It is not. Your body does an awful lot for you; the heart pumps blood so your cells can get enough nutrients and oxygen, the kidneys rid the blood of unwanted toxins as does the liver, the lungs enable you to breathe, the brain controls blood pressure, temperature and thousands of other functions etc.

Your body looks after you. Make sure you look after it, too.

aww lads yeev brought a tear to my eye like :) thanks...its just that I was a vegan for years..even at an average weight..so that was anorexia too.The fear.The "not good enough "feeling..so I never ever ate out..so when I get subway im like..i shouldnt get the foot long..no one else does..they get the six inch ....????

or I shouldnt go to centra no one else does everyday..

Can I have d cheese and desserts?..and even the chicken and fish in breadcrumb... and burgers?
    To me thats too much..there nice so they must be bad.

Im afraid I leave the falbbyness creep up and then one day wake up and not be able to cope.

Im 7 stone2lbs and 5ft 4...
    not emaciated at all looking...

How bad is that?...

• Advertisement

I always hear people say..oh lean meat and lean fish..dont eat potatoes and bread theyll make u fat....eat low fat dairy...use veggies instead....

thats people who are trying to lose weight!

You most certainly do not need too.

so to maintain...full fat things...like they are alright?....Im annoying now sorry x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Hi OP, I am sorry but I have to close this thread for now and talk to the other mods, we can't really help you here as its due to charter breach.

However, I would take gymfreaks and Doctormedicines advive on ears.

You never mentioned how you went about recovery, if it was on your own or with help, so here's a few places you may or may not have encountered

Marino Therapy Clinic in Dublin and Bodywhys.

All the best in your recovery, it CAN be done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement