Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling my house

Options
  • 27-06-2012 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I want to sell my house and want to ask what legalities I need to do. I know (think!) I've got to have a BER survey done for the energy efficiency. Do I need the septic tank to be inspected? Is there anything else? (other than finding a buyer!!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

Property tax needs to be paid. I'm not sure about septic tank. If you have made any changes you need opinions on compliance.

Anything else your solicitor will deal with. Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

PatA wrote: »
    I want to sell my house and want to ask what legalities I need to do. I know (think!) I've got to have a BER survey done for the energy efficiency. Do I need the septic tank to be inspected? Is there anything else? (other than finding a buyer!!!)
    You are going to need a solicitor for the conveyancing, so get one organised now and have a chat with him/her.

Registration for septic tank inspection has, I believe, just started; no inspections until next year. However, if the purchaser decides to have it checked prior to sale and it is not in compliance, then they may look for a reduction in the sale price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 PatA

Many thanks for that - not as bad as I'd thought.

Advertisement