Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada: Activating your visa - How long does it take?

Options
  • 27-06-2012 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey all

I am just wondering once I land in Toronto how long it takes to get your visa and get through the border etc?

I ask as I want to schedule some airport transportation and I need to give them a pickup time.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

There's no way to know really. It depends how many others will be passing through immigration at the same time as you and how many staff will be working.

I went through immigration in Vancouver. My flight arrived late at night, there wasn't many staff on, the queue wasn't particularly long but I was waiting nearly 3 hours. There were some families ahead of me who looked like they were moving long term to Canada so they took ages. Once I got to the counter though it took less than 10 minutes to get my visa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ive never taken more than 15 minutes at immigration, but to be safe, give yourself about 60-80 minutes after the plane is scheduled to touch down to take customs, queues and baggage collection into consideration. if you're waiting, there's a tim horton's in the arrivals hall where you can have a coffee and a bite to eat

Advertisement