Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Zealand WHV residence question.

Options
  • 27-06-2012 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭

This might be a bit of a daft question , but I'm having trouble finding a clear answer to it without paying an absolute fortune to call the London office.

Looking into applying for the NZ working holiday next year as I'm in final year and I turn 30 in Feb so it's my last chance to get it.
    On the NZ immigration website it states that I must apply for the visa under the country of my passport. I'm a UK citizen, so that's fine, but when I look at the rest of their info, it states to be eligible "You must:usually be permanently living in the United Kingdom – this means you can be temporarily visiting another country when you lodge your application"

I'm not usually permanently living in the UK and I don't have any property there. I'm 'permanently living' wherever I happen to be renting/working tbh, which for the past 6-7 years has been Ireland. But I can't apply under Ireland as I have a UK passport.
    If anyone could shed any light on where this leaves me I'd be grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Just go through the application online and you'll have the chance to chose country of residence and passport, it doesnt matter if they're different. I've got UK citizenship but an Irish passport. You'll have it approved within 72 hours probably.

hi steel_spine,
    i applied for my WHV as a UK resident despite having lived in Dublin 5 years off and on. I used my family address in the North, perhaps you can do the same. Nothing physically arrived at the address. You wouldnt want to apply as Irish anyway, they only get 12 month WHVs, we can get 23 month ones.
    Good luck. Loved NZ and wished I could have stayed longer. Amazing place.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 m.mac

hi geeby. do you have a UK passport or an Irish one.

Advertisement