Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bank transfer from England

Options
  • 27-06-2012 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Sorry if this has been asked before but....

I've had some money transferred from an account in England to my account in Ireland. How long should it take to clear and for the money to show in my account? It's been 7 days - and I'm beginning to think there may be a problem (neither bank is Ulster/RBS).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

How did you effect the transfer, online or telephone or in branch. It will matter as most online transfers (especially those where you've done it before) are passed automatically. Some telephone or in bank instructions are aggregated together, passed to a service centre (at one stage HSBC was sending them all to Stirling in Scotland) and then input in order. This was why they would often say 5-7 working days. Personally, my transfers now land in my AIB account within the hour. I'd ring the sending bank and check on progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Millers02

Thanks

It was done in the branch in England - and it was the HSBC.

I've phoned but have been told they can tell me nothing (beyond a general anything from 2-7 working days). They can only trace the payment if the people who made it phone them but they are out of the country till next Monday (my luck).

Advertisement