Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - New pc - monitor not showing anything

Options
  • 27-06-2012 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought a PC from Hardwareversand and it arrived today. I connected everything up but its not showing anything on the screen. I bought the dell 2412m screen and it says its in power save mode. Press a key on keyboard to wake up the computer. I do this and the message goes away but nothing shows.

I've tried;

The blue vga cable with the usb connected to the computer.
    The white dvi cable with the usb connection
    The vga on its own and the dvi on its own.

I even tried an old dell lcd screen with just the vga cable but nothing comes up when that is connected. However when I take out the vga cable is shows the self test screen and when I plug it in that goes away but nothing shows on the screen.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Plug cable into graphics card port

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Sols12 wrote: »
    Hi,

I bought a PC from Hardwareversand and it arrived today. I connected everything up but its not showing anything on the screen. I bought the dell 2412m screen and it says its in power save mode. Press a key on keyboard to wake up the computer. I do this and the message goes away but nothing shows.

I've tried;

The blue vga cable with the usb connected to the computer.
    The white dvi cable with the usb connection
    The vga on its own and the dvi on its own.

I even tried an old dell lcd screen with just the vga cable but nothing comes up when that is connected. However when I take out the vga cable is shows the self test screen and when I plug it in that goes away but nothing shows on the screen.

Anyone have any ideas?

Have you made sure all the cables are in? Some people forget the CPU 4+4 pin. Is the graphics card's fan spinning? have you tried the integrated graphics if your motherboard supports it?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Sols12

Wow dumb thread of the year. I had done that but it seems it went to sleep. So repowered and now showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sosmyface

when I setup my new pc I was sure that I would have to plug the monitor into the onboard graphics until i installed the graphics card driver. I tried the dvi, hdmi and serial to the onboard. I cant understand why there was no output coming through them, if it detects a graphics card does it default to that and shut the others off?

Advertisement