Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watermarks on the windows

Options
  • 27-06-2012 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

hi all

When i was driving home from work it rained. the windscreen dried to leave marks like Ive never seen before- looks like it rained dirty water. I put it down to my car being dirty. However when I arrived home the windows of the house were the same. rain drop shaped dirt marks where the rain had dried. Given the distance I drove its probably not caused by local factors. Anyone any ideas what it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

The tropical winds are coming from north africa at the moment so more than likely carrying desert dust from Africa/ Sahara region.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭torrentum

thanks, ive heard of that before but its my first time to see it, amazing distance from the sahara.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭cml387

In Fermoy,all the cars were covered in little white spots this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Yep...noticed this on my car and the wifes car this evening also. Figured it was sand from the Sahara alright as it has happened before.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭555guy

noticed the exact same thing on my car earlier this evening ... very strange

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭cml387

Of course the car (black) had only been washed yesterday and now had little white polkadots. But the heavy rain this evening has washed it all off again.

Weather eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Can confirm the same white dust spots on my car. Took pic, will post up later .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I noticed this on my garden plants today, thought they were a little ill at first! Seems to be dust / sand though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Parked my car for a couple of hours in south Dublin this evening, was sparkling when I left it as it was only washed today, and when I came back it looked like someone sprinkled talcum powder all over it. I thought it might have been dust kicked up from the area it was parked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

The very same thing happened in wicklow today

Was out on my motorbike and noticed it when i pulled in for a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Clamball

Yes, I noticed it on my car in Fermoy today and when I got home to Cork I noticed the same on my husbands car. It can happen now and then, a fine sand from the Sahara coming up on the winds from the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Noticed it in Wexford too.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

The Met Office just uploaded a video showing the plume of dust...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Rain was pelting down this morning when I was heading to bed. Came out this evening with the sun shining and and all rain marks all over the balcony. I was thinkin ash for some reason...but sure have a look on boards and sure there's the answer!!... ;-)

Advertisement