Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foundation brush

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I use the Real Techniques buffing brush for foundation and I really like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

I can second the Real Techniques one, I personally don't own a Mac 187 or Sigma similar one, but have used friends, and I really prefer the real techniques one, just for size, and price to be honest. I don't wear make up so often though as to be able to tell you if there's much difference in the finish, but I couldn't see one myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I use the Real Techniques stippling brush for foundation - it says it's for powder but it works brilliantly with liquid foundation. It's more dense than most stippling brushes and foundation goes on really nicely with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

The RT stippling bursh is great, I have the 187 but I prefer the size of the stippline brush because I have greater control over the product. The buffing brush in the face (orange-handled) set is also fabulous for liquid foundation, it is my current favourite foundation brush, though I've been using it with lighter foundations; the stippling brush is probably a better option for a thicker foundation because you get a lighter finish with it. The buffing brush also has the disadvantage of only being available in the face set, and two of the briushes are a bit useless size-wise. The stippling brush can be bought on its own and is a a great brush, my preferred brush over the MAC 187, the MAC 188, or the ELF powder brush (which I still love).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

The expert face brush is basically the buffing brush sold seperately. I love the buffing brush, best foundation brush I've used. So I imagine knowing the quality of the other RT brushes that the expert face brush is as good :) I don't know if you can get it in Boots yet, but it's available on cloud10beauty.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Hmmm I'm a tad confused.

RT face brush is different from the buffing brush? And not the same as the RT stippling brush? Is this right?!

Thanks for the opinions btw!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

How much is this Real Techniques brush, and where would you get it? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

MAC foundation brushes or be never be too busy to be beautiful brushes,you can get cheap chinese goat hair ones a whole 36 pc set for under a fiver..well worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Boots have them, can't remember how much they are, pretty middle of the road though -not cheap but not too expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Am loving this one:
    shiseido-perfect-foundation-brush-131.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

They're about 16 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I use the MAC 187. Grand. Needs to be cleaned a lot though, but sure you'll have that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I got the MAC 187 during the week, love it! previously had the MAC 190. But the 187 is brilliant so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Sigma have amazing foundation brushes, their flat and round top synthetic kabuki brushes are amazing and very reasonably priced considering the quality, I love them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Can a kabuki brush be used to apply liquid foundation? I am quite new to all this!

Advertisement