Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your favourite alcoholic drink?

Options
1235»

Comments

Drinking an Irish wine from Ballyvaughan at the moment. Fairly tasty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Southern Comfort and red lemonade (southy and red) yum yum:p

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Pimms served 1 part Pimms to 2 parts lemonade with slices of orange, lemon, strawberries, cucumber, mint leaves and ice. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

tok9 wrote: »
    Paulaner is a great beer.

No it's not. It's a **** example of a **** german style.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I love Becks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Seaneh wrote: »

Not for me it isn't.

If you have another example of a good beer and where I can get it in cork I'll be more than happy to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 britespark

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Toilet duck
    Harp ic ?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Beer
    Red wine with food
    Sometime Jameson and Coke if I'm on a night out.

Don't touch vodka,gin, sambuca etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

Carling, 99 calories per can with the same alcohol content as the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

A pint of Guinness or a good IPA.

Cocktail hour, White Russian.

Red wine. Not too fussy (or terribly knowledgeable) about them, but got a box set of Wyndham Estate Shiraz a few years back and maaaaaaaaan they were nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Whoah, let's not get offensive :pac:

Any good beer, too difficult to pick one though. O'Hara's make really good stuff though, their IPA and Cuirim are so good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Paulaner is a great beer.

Steady on old chap.paulaner is a fine beverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭BabyMonkeyy

captain morgan and coke!

I drink a ridiculous amount of it on a night out! Nasty hangover the next day but i cant stay away from it!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

I think Seaneh's slight comes from a belief that there is so much craft beer out there that is exciting that when someone mentions Paulaner it is annoying because prople are just choosing a beer that is supposedly exotic for some but at the same time widely available so they aren't really scratching under the surface and just going for a beer that to them means craft while really its just the tip of the beer iceberg.

Not for me it isn't.

If you have another example of a good beer and where I can get it in cork I'll be more than happy to try it out.

Pop into Abbot's Ale House, they have more beers than I could name to choose from.

Start off with something like Brewdog's 5am Saint or Odell IPA, you can thank me later.

My problem with Paulinar is it's just a boring example of a style that I find repulsive, also, wheat beers give the worst hangovers ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

My chums mostly drink Ken.

Poor Ken.

I vary between Guinness and Smithwicks at home. Here in UK, I've finally developed a taste for real ales.

Also fond of decent lagers, Estrella, Budvar, Asahi, Sapporo and Brooklyn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I'm off the drink now.

cashback wrote: »
    Poor Ken.

I vary between Guinness and Smithwicks at home. Here in UK, I've finally developed a taste for real ales.

Also fond of decent lagers, Estrella, Budvar, Asahi, Sapporo and Brooklyn.

Plenty of places you can get proper ales in Ireland dude, no need to bore your tastebuds anymore :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Plenty of places you can get proper ales in Ireland dude, no need to bore your tastebuds anymore :P

Know any in Carlow?! I wish, but yeah next time I'm in Dublin I'll have to see what's on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

A nice Scotch, like Caol Ila, neat.

Red wine - basic bog standard wine, maybe a Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, or Grenache.

Beer: Anything hoppy or dark really; I tend to try lots of different things. I like a good, dark, chocolate-y porter, as well as IPAs and ales. No specific brand, I go to the off licence and just see what selection they have available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Brewdog's 5am Saint
    You've just reminded me I have a few bottles of that in my fridge. Match drinks for tonight sorted. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

1. A nice pint of guinness is difficult to beat.

2. Jameson

3 Brandy and Baileys

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭username_x

Red Piranha and Smirnoff Ice is my favourite. Vodka and 7up is my usual though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

This
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agua_de_Valencia

I didnt realise there was so much alcohol in it till I woke up the next morning on the kitchen floor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Pop into Abbot's Ale House, they have more beers than I could name to choose from.

Start off with something like Brewdog's 5am Saint or Odell IPA, you can thank me later.

My problem with Paulinar is it's just a boring example of a style that I find repulsive, also, wheat beers give the worst hangovers ever.

I'll keep that in mind.

I wouldn't really know my beers. If I'm out generally I'll have a heineken but if the place serves Paulaner I'll have that. If there is better stuff out there then that's great news for me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

A few pints of Tuborg @ €3 with a vodka and orange to follow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Beamish

Advertisement